The Student Room Group

I'm a Year 13 - AMA!

Ask me anything - uni, stats, life, etc.
Which uni are you planning on going to and what degree do you want to do ? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Ask me anything - uni, stats, life, etc.

I've heard that some unis like UCL are making offer holders take the autumn exams so they can get 'real' A level grades, is this true?
Reply 3
Original post by limitlesspuffy
I've heard that some unis like UCL are making offer holders take the autumn exams so they can get 'real' A level grades, is this true?

No idea - I have an offer from UCL (it's my insurance) and I haven't heard about anything like that from UCL or anyone else I know that has an offer from UCL.
Reply 4
Original post by THE_BLACK_CAT
Which uni are you planning on going to and what degree do you want to do ? :smile:

Pharmacy (with integrated pre-reg) at Nottingham :smile:
Did you do any sort of extra reading for your course? If so, what books did you read
Reply 6
How are you feeling about your A level results given that they're being made up from your predicted grades, are you confident that youll still be able to carry on with your original post-18 plans?
I remember A levels were stressful enough back then, cant image having all this as well going on as well.
:smile:
Reply 7
what A-levels did you do?
Reply 8
Did you do any sort of extra reading for your course? If so, what books did you read

No - pharmacy wasn't something I initially wanted to do. I applied for medicine at Nottingham, but got rejected and offered a list of alternative courses. I picked pharmacy, did the interview, and got in. I have downloaded most of the books on the reading list though (no way I'm paying £50 for a book I can get as a pdf for free). So I've mainly read books for medicine, and not for pharmacy.
Reply 9
Original post by lak19
How are you feeling about your A level results given that they're being made up from your predicted grades, are you confident that youll still be able to carry on with your original post-18 plans?
I remember A levels were stressful enough back then, cant image having all this as well going on as well.
:smile:

I feel fairly confident - I only need AAB, and I've been predicted A*AA. In the mocks, first year was meh, but I've really improved in second year (I got A*A*B in my last set of mocks which were during the week that the government announced schools were closing).
No - pharmacy wasn't something I initially wanted to do. I applied for medicine at Nottingham, but got rejected and offered a list of alternative courses. I picked pharmacy, did the interview, and got in. I have downloaded most of the books on the reading list though (no way I'm paying £50 for a book I can get as a pdf for free). So I've mainly read books for medicine, and not for pharmacy.

Oh, I'm planning to do medicine! Where do you get the free pdfs for the books? I thought you are only allowed to apply for 4 medical couurses on ucas so was pharmacy your 5th choice?
Original post by ninaj15
what A-levels did you do?

I did biology, chemistry and maths for A-Level, physics AS and an EPQ.
Oh, I'm planning to do medicine! Where do you get the free pdfs for the books? I thought you are only allowed to apply for 4 medical couurses on ucas so was pharmacy your 5th choice?

I just searched them up e.g. 'Physicochemical Principles of Pharmacy free pdf' and found them (although I'd recommend using a VPN and good anti-virus - you don't want these websites knowing where you're from especially since most of them are dodgy). Pharmacy was not my 5th choice - Pharmacology at UCL was. Pharmacy was offered as an alternative choice because I got rejected from medicine at Nottingham - not all universities offer this (my other three just rejected me, didn't care what I did after and didn't offer me any alternative courses), and I wouldn't know what to do if Nottingham didn't offer me any alternatives - I didn't want to do pharmacology yet I put it down (I'm an idiot).
Pharmacy (with integrated pre-reg) at Nottingham :smile:

Why are you choosing to do an integrated pre reg?
Original post by Reviser101
Why are you choosing to do an integrated pre reg?

I need a 5-year degree for the country I'm moving to next year, and I liked the sound of doing one - a 6 months without studying is easier than a whole year imo.
I just searched them up e.g. 'Physicochemical Principles of Pharmacy free pdf' and found them (although I'd recommend using a VPN and good anti-virus - you don't want these websites knowing where you're from especially since most of them are dodgy). Pharmacy was not my 5th choice - Pharmacology at UCL was. Pharmacy was offered as an alternative choice because I got rejected from medicine at Nottingham - not all universities offer this (my other three just rejected me, didn't care what I did after and didn't offer me any alternative courses), and I wouldn't know what to do if Nottingham didn't offer me any alternatives - I didn't want to do pharmacology yet I put it down (I'm an idiot).

how was your interview at Nottingham ? Why didn't you reapply for medicine you sound more than capable !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending