The Student Room Group

Help! What does my offer mean?

Hi everyone,

My UCAS Track shows I received an offer for a degree including foundation year. I applied for the regular 3 year degree. However, the offer says Start from Year One”.

As far as I know, the first year of foundation year is referred to as Year Zero and the first year of a 3 year degree is referred to as Year One.

I logged onto the university’s applicant portal and for my course application details, it mentions I have an offer for the regular degree, not the foundation one.

So is this an offer for foundation or year one entry? :s-smilie:

If you have an offer for foundation year, what does it show in your UCAS Track?
(edited 3 years ago)
It's more likely its an offer for the regular degree, where you start from year 1, rather than the foundation, where you start from year 0.
Original post by PetitePanda
It's more likely its an offer for the regular degree, where you start from year 1, rather than the foundation, where you start from year 0.

I really hope so. So you think they made a mistake by sending the wrong course title in the offer?
Original post by SweetCheeks18
I really hope so. So you think they made a mistake by sending the wrong course title in the offer?

Call them up and ask.
Original post by Fermion.
Call them up and ask.

That was going to be my last resort in case it was a dumb question. :colondollar:

Thanks, I’ll do that later.
Hi everyone,

My UCAS Track shows I received an offer for a degree including foundation year. I applied for the regular 3 year degree. However, the offer says Start from Year One”.

As far as I know, the first year of foundation year is referred to as Year Zero and the first year of a 3 year degree is referred to as Year One.

I logged onto the university’s applicant portal and for my course application details, it mentions I have an offer for the regular degree, not the foundation one.

It sounds like an offer for year 1 entry of the main degree course and I doubt they made a mistake.

But phone up/email Admissions just to confirm it. You will get a quicker response by phoning them
Called them up when their lines opened, waited 45 minutes for someone to answer, and then they said they don’t know which offer I was given. :confused:

They'll let me know by email but I’m still waiting for a reply to the email I sent them on the 22nd of April so I’m not expecting to hear back till at least June. I’m so impatient this will literally drive me crazy not knowing if it’s foundation or not. :frown:
Hi everyone,

Hi @SweetCheeks18

Due to the wording used, I would suspect that you have been offered entry into the 3 year degree. But if you are unsure, definitely email them directly as they will be more than happy to clarify.

Hope you get good news

Dom :h:

I doubt it if its mention on the portal sand track. Did you apply for the regular degree or foundation?
Original post by PetitePanda
I doubt it if its mention on the portal sand track. Did you apply for the regular degree or foundation?

I applied for the regular degree. I’m not sure if the portal was just mentioning my general subject or if it would actually say “including foundation”. There’s no course code on there so it’s difficult to tell.
I applied for the regular degree. I’m not sure if the portal was just mentioning my general subject or if it would actually say “including foundation”. There’s no course code on there so it’s difficult to tell.

It will probably be a regular degree. It would probably say including foundation year and start from year 0 if it was the foundation. Hopefully they will contact you back to give you definite clarification
Hey there, I've also applied through UCAS, and am also starting from zero. My offers all indicate that I'm starting from 'Year One', which I believe is normal :smile:

However, if you're still worried, contact them through Twitter!! They usually respond within a day.
Original post by twinklelittlstar
Hey there, I've also applied through UCAS, and am also starting from zero. My offers all indicate that I'm starting from 'Year One', which I believe is normal :smile:

However, if you're still worried, contact them through Twitter!! They usually respond within a day.

Hey, your offers are for foundation year?
Hey, your offers are for foundation year?

I’m afraid I misinterpreted what you meant -.- Nope, I’m not doing a foundation year, and I don’t think your offer includes it. Do hit UCAS up through Twitter! And good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending