The Student Room Group

Plantagenets/Wars of the Roses TSR Pub Quiz

Welcome to history week! This week we will be testing your knowledge of all things historical, so get ready history buffs!

We start the quiz tonight (Thursday 14th May) at 7.30pm!

This quiz will be testing your knowledge of the Wars of the Roses principally, but also of the Plantagenet dynasty more generally too. Join me at 7.30pm for battles, kings, victories and defeats aplenty!

Don't worry if you only know a little bit, there are some easier questions that most people should be able to at least try to answer, and I will be on hand to give hints if it looks like people are struggling.

Scoring
Everyone will receive 1 point for each correct answer you give. If you're the first to get the correct answer you score an additional bonus (1) point.

I will post the questions at (roughly) 5 minute intervals and quote in everyone who answered the previous question.

Discrepancies/Challenges in correct answers and scoring will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

Happy Quizzing!

List of Questions (and Answers afterwards)
Question 1 - What are the names of the two houses that were involved in the Wars of the Roses?

Spoiler

Question 2 - Whose nickname formed the origin of the name ‘Plantagenet’?

Spoiler

Question 3 - What did Richard II do to turn the future Henry IV against him? (This was a key precursor event to the Wars of the Roses)

Spoiler

Question 4 - To which Plantagenet king did the houses of York and Lancaster trace their lineage?

Spoiler

Question 5 - What was the name and year of the first battle of the Wars of the Roses?

Spoiler

Question 6 - Which family was notoriously unreliable in their loyalties during the Wars of the Roses, and were known for standing by on the battlefield and waiting to choose a side?

Spoiler

Question 7 - At some point after August 1483, which Plantagenet king went missing along with his brother?

Spoiler

Question 8 - What was the bloodiest battle of the Wars of the Roses?

Spoiler

Question 9 - Which defeated king’s body was found under a car park in Leicester?

Spoiler

Question 10 - Henry VII defeated Richard III at the Battle of Bosworth Field in 1485. Which Plantagenet king’s widow did his grandfather marry?

Spoiler

Leaderboard:
:king1: - Plantagenet Crown 16 (inc. 6 bonus points)
:king2: - Andrew97 12 (inc. 2 bonus points)
:king3: - ROTL94 10 (inc. 1 bonus point), Muttley79 10 (inc. 1 bonus point), kadiatuj0001 10
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

QFA

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
i literally live under a rock. my history knowledge is non-existent. embarrassing i know.
yes please
I hope to join
Original post by ellaswords
i literally live under a rock. my history knowledge is non-existent. embarrassing i know.

It's possible you may still get the two easiest ones :smile:
:mmm:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
:mmm:

I'll be excited to see if you know the answers to my two hard questions designed for testing the buffs!
I'm not a massive history person but i'm Yorkshire born and bread soooo I'll give it a try :smile:
Original post by CatusStarbright
I'll be excited to see if you know the answers to my two hard questions designed for testing the buffs!

Let’s see, can’t promise I’ll even be able to participate though because 7:30 to 8:00 is usually when I’m having dinner. Maybe I’ll be on for the first questions and then have to leave, but I will check the whole thread nonetheless! :biggrin:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Let’s see, can’t promise I’ll even be able to participate though because 7:30 to 8:00 is usually when I’m having dinner. Maybe I’ll be on for the first questions and then have to leave, but I will check the whole thread nonetheless! :biggrin:

Oh no! The quiz will however probably last until about 8.25pm, so I'm sure you'll be able to catch up if/when you return!
Original post by Becca216
I'm not a massive history person but i'm Yorkshire born and bread soooo I'll give it a try :smile:

Great! :biggrin:
:woo:
I will be surprised if I get one correct answer
Lucy Worsley has made history very interesting :sexface:
woohoo
Original post by karelina
I will be surprised if I get one correct answer

No harm in having a go - you just never know :wink:
Don't know much about the War of the Rose's but will give it a go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending