The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLAN nursing video interview

Hi has anyone had their interview for nursing recently via video call?
I’m wondering what to expect and what sort of things they will ask?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Tishtash000
Hi has anyone had their interview for nursing recently via video call?
I’m wondering what to expect and what sort of things they will ask?

Hi! I’m also awaiting my nursing interview via video call, it’s soooo daunting. I think I’d rather a real life interview 😂
Which field of nursing have you applied for and when did you apply? Xx
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by shann6n
Hi! I’m also awaiting my nursing interview via video call, it’s soooo daunting. I think I’d rather a real life interview 😂
Which field of nursing have you applied for and when did you apply? Xx

Yes I know that’s made me more nervous and worried about if I can set it up right. 🤦*♀️
I applied for adult nursing and I applied in February. How about you? Xx
Reply 3
Yes I know that’s made me more nervous and worried about if I can set it up right. 🤦*♀️
I applied for adult nursing and I applied in February. How about you? Xx

Haha I’m the same! Or what if my internet starts playing up on the day! 🤦🏻*♀️
I’ve applied for both Adult and Mental Health Nursing and I didn’t sent my application off until early April. I wish I’d applied sooner but at first I was planning to go in March 2021 or September 2021 instead and only applied so last min because I was told there was spaces left on the course! Have you been given a date for your interview?
I’m sure you’ll smash it!!! Good luck! X
Reply 4
Original post by shann6n
Haha I’m the same! Or what if my internet starts playing up on the day! 🤦🏻*♀️
I’ve applied for both Adult and Mental Health Nursing and I didn’t sent my application off until early April. I wish I’d applied sooner but at first I was planning to go in March 2021 or September 2021 instead and only applied so last min because I was told there was spaces left on the course! Have you been given a date for your interview?
I’m sure you’ll smash it!!! Good luck! X

Ahh I’m sure you will be fine. I have mine next week. Did they say they have spaces for September 2020 then? That’s when I’m hoping to start.
Have you got a date for your interview? X
Reply 5
Ahh I’m sure you will be fine. I have mine next week. Did they say they have spaces for September 2020 then? That’s when I’m hoping to start.
Have you got a date for your interview? X

Yes when I contacted them recently they said they still had places available for Sept 2020 start on both Adult and Mental Health courses so fingers crossed those haven’t filled up yet! I haven’t received a date yet but have received an email telling me to keep checking my emails as they’ll send me a date through soon? So hopefully I won’t be waiting too long! X
Reply 6
Original post by shann6n
Yes when I contacted them recently they said they still had places available for Sept 2020 start on both Adult and Mental Health courses so fingers crossed those haven’t filled up yet! I haven’t received a date yet but have received an email telling me to keep checking my emails as they’ll send me a date through soon? So hopefully I won’t be waiting too long! X

Oh great fingers crossed. You’ll have to keep me updated on how you get on. Good luck 😊 x
Reply 7
Oh great fingers crossed. You’ll have to keep me updated on how you get on. Good luck 😊 x

Yes, you too!! Good luck! 🤩Xx
Reply 8
I’m waiting for an interview date as well, it’s been around 2/3 weeks since they said they will invite me by email . I’ve called a couple of time’s and just told to wait basically. I applied in late March. I’m constantly checking though lol just want to get it done .
Reply 9
Original post by shann6n

Original post by HG12
I’m waiting for an interview date as well, it’s been around 2/3 weeks since they said they will invite me by email . I’ve called a couple of time’s and just told to wait basically. I applied in late March. I’m constantly checking though lol just want to get it done .

Oh fingers crossed you hear soon for a date. What nursing have you applied for?
Reply 10

Oh fingers crossed you hear soon for a date. What nursing have you applied for?

I’ve applied for adult . Someone on another group said there’s over 400 on the course so far she was told in her interview 😱
Original post by shann6n

Original post by HG12
I’ve applied for adult . Someone on another group said there’s over 400 on the course so far she was told in her interview 😱

Oh I hope there’s enough spaces 🤦*♀️ Not sure how many they take on?
although some may fall through with the exam situation this year 🤷*♀️
Reply 12
Original post by HG12

Yes I had the same thing! I haven’t rang them yet but I sent them an email and they just told me to hang tight and wait for an email!! I’m desperate to get it over and done with now it feels like I’ve been waiting a lifetime! X
Reply 13
Original post by HG12

Oh my god 400?! Perhaps they’re providing extra places because of coronavirus and exams not going ahead etc? Maybe they’re not expecting everyone to achieve the results they need? I saw on the news this week that universities are being encouraged to take on more nursing / allied health students than usual because of all the job vacancies etc so that could be a factor too! Hopefully there’s space for us 3!! 😭Xx
Reply 14
Original post by shann6n
Oh my god 400?! Perhaps they’re providing extra places because of coronavirus and exams not going ahead etc? Maybe they’re not expecting everyone to achieve the results they need? I saw on the news this week that universities are being encouraged to take on more nursing / allied health students than usual because of all the job vacancies etc so that could be a factor too! Hopefully there’s space for us 3!! 😭Xx

Yes maybe and also there maybe a lack of international students that may play a part as well . I’m a mature student at 37.
I know 400 sounds a hell of a lot 😱
Yes there are some factors there that may work in our favour ...... fingers crossed for all of us 🤞 x
Reply 16
Original post by HG12
Yes maybe and also there maybe a lack of international students that may play a part as well . I’m a mature student at 37.

Oh yes that’s a good point, we will have to see what happens with travel restrictions etc!
Oh nice! Do you have a background working in care / anything similar? I’m 24 and graduated from UCLan two years ago, I never thought I’d be looking at returning for another degree!! X
Original post by HG12

I’m a mature student too 40 🤦*♀️
I completed my foundation degree last year with uclan in Health and Social Care.
Reply 18
I’m a mature student too 40 🤦*♀️
I completed my foundation degree last year with uclan in Health and Social Care.

I have a unconditional offer for that course, so will do that should I be unsuccessful. I applied for both. I have phlebotomy and aesthetics qualifications. I think they take more into account life skills etc when older.
Reply 19
Original post by HG12
I have a unconditional offer for that course, so will do that should I be unsuccessful. I applied for both. I have phlebotomy and aesthetics qualifications. I think they take more into account life skills etc when older.

It sounds as if you’re both bound to be accepted, I wouldn’t worry! I’ve only ever studied and worked in fashion design so my health / social care experience is quite minimal which I’ve been pretty worried about ☹️ Let us know how you both get on and good luck!! I’ll let you know if I ever receive my interview date 😂 Xx

Quick Reply

Latest