If you could work on a covid 19 ward would you?

Watch this thread
username5252878
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Would you work on a corona virus ward if you was offered the chance to? Why or why not?
username5252878
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Adequate PPE is now being provided for in all hospitals. There’s no shortages.
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Yes
username5252878
Rep:
(Original post by Greywolf.)
Yes
Why? What draws you towards it?
username5252878
Rep:
What intrigues you in particular?

It’s severe work by the ways.
Greywolf.
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
Why? What draws you towards it?
The experience, knowing what it’s really like and the effort. I watched the hospital documentary about the royal free the other day though and that was awakening
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Yes, if I actually knew what to do.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
No.
I'm not a doctor, nurse, paramedic or care worker and have no desire to work a job that focuses upon daily treatment of patients with a highly infectious disease.
ThuggerThugger
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
No as I have no useable skills that would be beneficial in that type of work.
ANM775
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
to the people saying yes, are you actually insane..
ecolier
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
:lol: What makes you think we have a choice.

(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
Adequate PPE is now being provided for in all hospitals. There’s no shortages.
Yes, sure.

OP and other posters, feel free to read what the doctors are actually doing on this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6399602
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ANM775)
they're not insane. they're just liars, lol.
greenapples2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
yes
ecolier
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I was literally just referring to your "proper PPE was provided" comment. :lol:

and you're very welcome
Napp
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
If they paid me, sure. A full PPE kit would be appreciated too.
username5252878
Rep:
No I am not insane to currently work in a covid ward.

It’s been a challenge but we’re getting there.
Napp
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
No more so than people who elect to work in the armed forces, oil rigs, security work and so on?
Greywolf.
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
they're not insane. they're just liars, lol.
No, I for one genuinely would want to
username5081922
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
no, i don’t think the PPE provided in the UK is sufficient. if i was a nurse maybe i’d say yes regardless, but i’ve not signed up to save others lives before my own. it should be to the calibre of south korea, italy and bangladesh at least
Fermion.
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I already do, but I’d rather not and be able to visit my vulnerable family members. It is lonely and mentally/emotionally exhausting.
Last edited by Fermion.; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (281)
41.69%
The paper was reasonable (280)
41.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (62)
9.2%
It was TERRIBLE (51)
7.57%

Watched Threads