The Student Room Group

Could you do a law degree at Uni with a health and social care level 3 diploma?

I’m considering taking health and social care at college seeing as I enjoyed it during GCSEs and I didn’t find it extremely difficult. Although, I can’t find any uni courses I would be interested in relating to health and social care. Is it possible to use a health and social care diploma towards a law degree? Thank you :smile:
I'm using the following course as an example:
https://www.uos.ac.uk/courses/ug/llb-law-politics

There is not specification to what sort of Access diploma you will need, but it seems you can do a law degree with a Health and Social Care diploma.

Check with the individual university and departments first.
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000

There is not specification to what sort of Access diploma you will need, but it seems you can do a law degree with a Health and Social Care diploma.

Thank you😊
Original post by lilycgbcd
I’m considering taking health and social care at college seeing as I enjoyed it during GCSEs and I didn’t find it extremely difficult. Although, I can’t find any uni courses I would be interested in relating to health and social care. Is it possible to use a health and social care diploma towards a law degree? Thank you :smile:

Hi @lilycgbcd

This will differ from each uni, however a lot of universities don't have specific requirements for what subject you need to have studied for law. As long as you get the required grades or UCAS points you should be fine. If you know which uni/s you are interested in you could contact them and ask if they will accept health and social care.

Zaira :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi @lilycgbcd

This will differ from each uni, however a lot of universities don't have specific requirements for what subject you need to have studied for law. As long as you get the required grades or UCAS points you should be fine. If you know which uni/s you are interested in you could contact them and ask if they will accept health and social care.

Zaira :smile:

Thank you so much Zaira, this is really helpful! I’ll definitely look into it more and contact some universities! :smile:
Original post by lilycgbcd

same i always wanted to do a law degree but i ma currently doing health and social care and i didn't that you could be a lawyer with it tho
Original post by MindMax2000

oh i am so surprise and i did not know that i thought there was no course
Reply 7
Original post by crazywomen
same i always wanted to do a law degree but i ma currently doing health and social care and i didn't that you could be a lawyer with it tho

Neither did I :smile: I really want to do health and social care at college because I enjoy it, but I don’t think I would like a career to do with health and social! So hopefully law at uni is a possibility! :smile:
What kind of diploma will it be? Link to qualification?
Original post by crazywomen

You can still be a lawyer without a law degree. Idk about health and social care though - it depends for a law degree
As an above user has linked, Suffolk offers Law. They're quite relaxed with requirements so I don't think it'll be difficult to get in there.
I enrolled there (not for law though) also after doing a level 3 in HSC so if you have any questions about Suffolk, im happy to answer.
Trust me I’m doing health and social care currently and I don’t know what I want to be cos from a young age I wanted to be a lawyer and I got bad grades for GCSES now I’m doing health and social care and I’m excited that I can finally do law hopefully

Quick Reply

Latest