The Student Room Group

Girls, how many guy friends do you have?

Just curious...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Just curious...

hmm I would say 3-4 but I dont talk to a lot of people and hope to change that at uni. :tongue: Why do you ask?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Serenity-M
hmm I would say 3-4 but I dont talk to a lot of people and hope to change that at uni. :tongue: Why do you ask?

May i ask what uni specifically
one :lol:
zero
May i ask what uni specifically

I dont know yet. :tongue: but my course is a traditional male subject :redface: so its queit likely to change
I dont know yet. :tongue: but my course is a traditional male subject :redface: so its queit likely to change

ohh ok where u applied too tho and what course is it im intrigued
A few male acquaintances but no wouldn't class any of them as friends as such
ohh ok where u applied too tho and what course is it im intrigued

Warwick, Birmingham, Lancs, Leeds, Durham for theoretical physics
nawwwwww :hugs:

Because I realized that I have none lol 🤦*♀️
Warwick, Birmingham, Lancs, Leeds, Durham for theoretical physics

I do physics at Warwick, if you want to know anything feel free to ask.
lol i have 2 atm
My best friend is a guy and I know other guys and talk to them, only in a group chat so I don't know if I would class them as friends :smile:
Because I realized that I have none lol 🤦*♀️

Thats fine though. Nothing wrong with that. :tongue:

Original post by AspiringUnderdog
I do physics at Warwick, if you want to know anything feel free to ask.

Oooo thanks, its a great uni but i dont think im going to put it as my firm. :smile: But ill hit you up if I change my mind. :biggrin:
Thats fine though. Nothing wrong with that. :tongue:

Oooo thanks, its a great uni but i dont think im going to put it as my firm. :smile: But ill hit you up if I change my mind. :biggrin:

No worries, make the choice that's right for you.
No worries, make the choice that's right for you.

Sorry Op, I'll try not to derail the thread but how difficult is the content? My family is worried im not going to be able to undertand the content or keep up. :tongue:
I have 2.
Sorry Op, I'll try not to derail the thread but how difficult is the content? My family is worried im not going to be able to undertand the content or keep up. :tongue:

I think that's pretty sad that your family would say that. I think ultimately it depends on the person, adjusting to university life, work etc. can be hard but if you work at it you can manage. At Warwick they have a good support system, e.g. you can email lecturers, speak to your tutor etc and I'm sure other unis have the same so you're not on your own.

Also something I've found with the course is whenever I've seen content that I thought was "impossible" to learn I managed to learn it because, I had to. And it'll be the same with you, I wouldn't worry so much, try to enjoy your university journey.
I think that's pretty sad that your family would say that. I think ultimately it depends on the person, adjusting to university life, work etc. can be hard but if you work at it you can manage. At Warwick they have a good support system, e.g. you can email lecturers, speak to your tutor etc and I'm sure other unis have the same so you're not on your own.

Also something I've found with the course is whenever I've seen content that I thought was "impossible" to learn I managed to learn it because, I had to. And it'll be the same with you, I wouldn't worry so much, try to enjoy your university journey.

It sounds bad but its not like that. My dad says he's worried because he could never study physics and also my sibling is suppppperrrr smart so it wasnt a concern when they went to uni. Makes my family sound horrible but they just dont want me to get stressed or anything like that when im away from home where they cant support me or something like that. Ahhhh that sounds good, thats why I like lancaster a lot because the department seems really supportive. :smile: Yh i struggled at time with the FM work but after a little while I got the hang of it so I think I'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending