The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by debz99
I want to start a discussion for everyone who are thinking of applying for the PA course or have already applied for the course.

This is for us to help each other out no matter which university we all apply to.

Feel free to join in on the discussion and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Hey!
Have you applied? I'm currently year 2 student so planning to apply for 2021 start.
Reply 2
Original post by Han.ban24
Hey!
Have you applied? I'm currently year 2 student so planning to apply for 2021 start.

Hey!

Yes I’ve applied for August/September 2020 start.

If you’re planning to apply I would highly recommend that you get some healthcare experience if you don’t have any already. This could be by doing some shadowing or getting a job as an Healthcare assistant maybe on the bank contact so you still have time for your course.
Original post by debz99
Hey!

Yes I’ve applied for August/September 2020 start.

If you’re planning to apply I would highly recommend that you get some healthcare experience if you don’t have any already. This could be by doing some shadowing or getting a job as an Healthcare assistant maybe on the bank contact so you still have time for your course.

Amazing how exciting! Where have you applied for?
Reply 4
Amazing how exciting! Where have you applied for?

Hey,

I have applied to a few universities:
Reading, Surrey, Bradford, Portsmouth and UWE Bristol.

Where are you thinking of applying to?
Original post by debz99
Hey,

I have applied to a few universities:
Reading, Surrey, Bradford, Portsmouth and UWE Bristol.

Where are you thinking of applying to?

A good mix then, good luck!
Just St Georges and Barts, I want to stay in London and they're the two closest.
Reply 6
A good mix then, good luck!
Just St Georges and Barts, I want to stay in London and they're the two closest.

Those are good unis. Look into their entry requirements and work towards attaining as much of the requirements as possible.

Wishing you the best of luck.
Original post by debz99
Those are good unis. Look into their entry requirements and work towards attaining as much of the requirements as possible.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Yes just need to get me that 2:1 in my degree! Thanks, you too!
Reply 8
hey guys
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6287126&p=87597014#post87597014
this should link you to a similar thread with other prospective PA students inc myself
ive also applied to St Georges and looking to apply to Barts for Jan entry when that opens :smile:
Original post by Jsmiles
hey guys
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6287126&p=87597014#post87597014
this should link you to a similar thread with other prospective PA students inc myself
ive also applied to St Georges and looking to apply to Barts for Jan entry when that opens :smile:

Hey! I'm on that thread also, I'm applying for Sept 2021 intake tho! Good luck
i also applied to surrey
Reply 11
Original post by LOSTSTUDENT10
i also applied to surrey

Were you invited for an interview?
Original post by debz99
Were you invited for an interview?

no not yet have you been invited for an interview?
Reply 13
no not yet have you been invited for an interview?

Yeah I’ve had an interview with Surrey and was offered a place.

Best of luck with your application
Original post by debz99
Yeah I’ve had an interview with Surrey and was offered a place.

Best of luck with your application

when did you get a reply?
Reply 15
when did you get a reply?

I got a reply a couple of days after my interview which was mid to late April
Original post by debz99
I got a reply a couple of days after my interview which was mid to late April

wasnt the deadline like a few days ago for surrey, i submitted it one day before the deadline. if you dont mind me asking did u have alot of experience and are u predicted a first?
Reply 17
wasnt the deadline like a few days ago for surrey, i submitted it one day before the deadline. if you dont mind me asking did u have alot of experience and are u predicted a first?

I applied to Surrey in March.
And yeah I’ve got a significant amount of experience working as an HCA in care homes and the hospital.
I graduated last year but I didn’t get a first. For Surrey you need a 2.2 and above
Hey, did anyone get offers from Sheffield or Bradford
Hey, did anyone apply to University of Kent being taught at Canterbury Christ Church. I got an interview next week.

Latest

Trending

Trending