Reply 20
Original post by Jasminni
Hey, did anyone get offers from Sheffield or Bradford

I got an offer from Bradford
Original post by debz99
I got an offer from Bradford

Congrats on the offer
I noticed you got an offer from Surrey too
Do you know which university you will be selecting, will it be based on location or course structure etc
Reply 22
Congrats on the offer
I noticed you got an offer from Surrey too
Do you know which university you will be selecting, will it be based on location or course structure etc

Thank you.

I'm not sure which uni ill be picking yet. I'm still waiting to get feedback from Portsmouth, which I'm leaning towards more. I'll mainly be choosing based on location but also taking into account the course structure.

Did you get any offers?
Original post by debz99
Thank you.

I'm not sure which uni ill be picking yet. I'm still waiting to get feedback from Portsmouth, which I'm leaning towards more. I'll mainly be choosing based on location but also taking into account the course structure.

Did you get any offers?

Hopefully you get Portsmouth if that is the one you want to go to :smile:
No unfortunately I got rejected from two so far but I don't know whether the applications for September start for other unis are still open

Do you have any interview tips, as I seem to fail at this stage :smile:
Reply 24
Hopefully you get Portsmouth if that is the one you want to go to :smile:
No unfortunately I got rejected from two so far but I don't know whether the applications for September start for other unis are still open

Do you have any interview tips, as I seem to fail at this stage :smile:

Thank you.

I think there are still some unis that are still opened, but I'm not too sure.

My interview tips would be to try and be confident, if you don't understand a question you can ask them to repeat the question or to rephrase the question. Know why you want to the course, know the structure of the course for the university you're applying to. Understand the role of a physician. You're personal experiences also helps with the interview. So if you have any experience in healthcare, it would be really useful to use it to answer some questions that they might ask.
E.g. if they ask you about your skills and quality, you could always talk about the skills you've attained from your work experience and how they'll be useful for the course.
The purpose for the interviews are to see whether or not we're suited for the course and if we are able to handle such an intense course.

I hope this is a little bit useful to you as I can only advise you based on my own experience.
Original post by debz99
I got a reply a couple of days after my interview which was mid to late April

hey I just got invited to an interview for surrey , I wanted to ask how did you prepare for the interview and what types of questions did they ask if you don't mind be asking. would help me alot
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by LOSTSTUDENT10
hey I just got invited to an interview for surrey , I wanted to ask how did you prepare for the interview and what types of questions did they ask if you don't mind be asking. would help me alot

To be completely honest I just kinda winged it. The one thing I definitely looked into was how the course was going to be taught.

The interview was an MMI style. I had two people do my interview. The questions were put up on the screen and was given 1 min to read the question and 4 mins to answer the question. I think there were about 5/6 questions.

My advice would be to be confident and make sure you read the questions properly.

I hope this is helpful enough for you. Wishing you the best of luck.
Original post by debz99
To be completely honest I just kinda winged it. The one thing I definitely looked into was how the course was going to be taught.

The interview was an MMI style. I had two people do my interview. The questions were put up on the screen and was given 1 min to read the question and 4 mins to answer the question. I think there were about 5/6 questions.

My advice would be to be confident and make sure you read the questions properly.

thank you very much
Reply 28
Original post by LOSTSTUDENT10
thank you very much but was there any specific questions they asked?

I can’t say any specific question because I was asked to sign a confidential form prior to the interview. But I would say that the questions were pretty straight forward
Hey guys!

I have an interview with Surrey next week and I was wondering if anyone has any tips? I've booked a 1:1 with a current PA and have been looking at how to approach each scenario etc. I am nervous as I need an offer. Does anyone have any advice??

Jack
Reply 30
Original post by jack0612
Hey guys!

I have an interview with Surrey next week and I was wondering if anyone has any tips? I've booked a 1:1 with a current PA and have been looking at how to approach each scenario etc. I am nervous as I need an offer. Does anyone have any advice??

Jack

Original post by debz99

The questions they asked were pretty straight forward and the interviews I had were also really nice
I understand they are MMI, I am researching stations but I’m not sure if most of them can be used? Like telling someone how to open a box, that can’t be done over zoom.... in just looking into why a pa? , how to approach hard situations etc. Do you have any tips ?
Original post by jack0612
I understand they are MMI, I am researching stations but I’m not sure if most of them can be used? Like telling someone how to open a box, that can’t be done over zoom.... in just looking into why a pa? , how to approach hard situations etc. Do you have any tips ?

Hi Jack. I had a PA interview over Zoom a few weeks ago. I assumed they would be interview type questions however many of them were scenario based and similar to MMI style questions which threw me off slightly. Definitely prepare for a question about why you want to be a PA, and how you handle stress etc but just be aware they might ask you difficult questions that you haven't prepared for. If this happens, just stay calm, don't rush to answer and just use common sense for these ones. I thought the interview went terribly for me, but I got an offer through a couple of days ago! Just remember the questions they ask aren't meant to be easy so everyone else will be in the same boat. Showing that you can remain positive and calm in a stressful situation is just as important as giving an excellent answer!
Original post by Naomiorogun
Hey, did anyone apply to University of Kent being taught at Canterbury Christ Church. I got an interview next week.

How did your interview go? :smile: and do you mind me asking if it was a 1:1 interview or MMI?
It was 1:1 well 2:1 interview.
It was 1:1 well 2:1 interview.

Thank you, do they tell you how long it will be until they reach a decision?
Well, I had my interview over a month ago and still haven't heard anything from them yet. So I don't know. I hope soon though.
Has anyone heard anything from CCCU regarding 2020 entry.
Reply 38
Anyone heard back or had interview for DMU for sept start
Has anyone heard anything from CCCU regarding 2020 entry.

I haven't heard anything from them yet

Latest

Trending

Trending