The Student Room Group

Timeline for 2020 grades

The timeline with the key dates for 2020 grades has been released by exam boards.

AQA - https://www.aqa.org.uk/coronavirus/key-dates-for-summer-2020

15 May - Deadline for entries, amendments and withdrawals

The deadline to make all entries, amendments and withdrawals for this summer series is 15 May. We cannot accept any changes after this date and can only issue grades for students who have been entered.

1 to 12 June - Step 1: Schools submit centre assessment grades and rank orders

Schools and colleges should send us their centre assessment grades and rank orders (as well as grades for science practical endorsements and English spoken language endorsements) by 12 June.

From mid-June - Step 2: Exam boards standardise grades

To make the process fair for everyone, we’ll then use evidence such as prior attainment and national level grade distribution to standardise the centre assessment grades across all schools and colleges.

13 August - AS and A-level results day

Results day for AS and A-levels, as well as our AQA Baccalaureate, Level 3 Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), Level 3 Certificate and Functional Skills qualifications.

20 August - GCSE results day

Results day for GCSEs, as well as our AQA Certificate, ELC, FCSE, Projects, Technical Awards and PSE qualifications.
(edited 3 years ago)
Here is OCR's timeline image.ocrtimeline.jpg
So exam boards will have around 2 months to change everyone's grades. Fantastic...
2 months is a joke. Do they not now how much uncertainty this causes?
Original post by etienne26
2 months is a joke. Do they not now how much uncertainty this causes?

I wouldn't care as much if they bothered to tell us why it has to take 2 months.
What do you think about this?
Reply 6
I'm supposed to get high grades but cos my school is terrible they're going to bring my grades down even if its not a true reflection fml
Original post by Saira.Z
I'm supposed to get high grades but cos my school is terrible they're going to bring my grades down even if its not a true reflection fml

I feel like they have basically assumed we would all be happy with this grade standardisation process, but without them telling us how it will be fair, I won't be happy with it any time soon.
Reply 8
exactly. but I can't expect a miracle when they literally let thousands of the elderly die in care homes, why would the government care any more about a group of 16 year olds' grades? I'm dreading results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending