The Student Room Group

A level Maths further maths physics and economics or product design !! Helps pls

So I’m in year 11 right now and I’m contemplating my decisions between choosing maths further maths physics and economics or maths further maths physics and product design. I am expected an 8 in gcses for pd but I’m not sure to pick economics or product design. Helps pls
(edited 3 years ago)
What do you want to do at uni? What job do you want? Are you better at essay-writing or making things?
Reply 2
Original post by James.lusss
So I’m in year 11 right now and I’m contemplating my decisions between choosing maths further maths physics and economics or maths further maths physics and product design. I am expected an 8 in gcses for pd but I’m not sure to pick economics or product design. Helps pls

keep praying to The Lord that you make the right choice, and research! econ is good if ur good with graphs, because there are lots that come up. Maths is good as long as you stay on top of it and keep practicing, God Bless truly

id go for econ because product design coursework sucks from what my friends in sixthform have said. you have further, maths and physics so product design isnt a necessity. just my opinions though :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by SoIndecisive
What do you want to do at uni? What job do you want? Are you better at essay-writing or making things?

I wanna work in the engineering industry and maybe do aerospace engineering at uni but I wanna expand my options as product design may limit my options
Reply 5
Original post by Tayaa8
keep praying to The Lord that you make the right choice, and research! econ is good if ur good with graphs, because there are lots that come up. Maths is good as long as you stay on top of it and keep practicing, God Bless truly

Thank you for the help and god bless !!
Reply 6
Original post by buoynancy
id go for econ because product design coursework sucks from what my friends in sixthform have said. you have further, maths and physics so product design isnt a necessity. just my opinions though :smile:

Thanks I find that really helpful because with dt It might limit my options for future roles and like u said it’s not a necessity but what would economics help with
It depends on what you enjoy more as both aren't needed. Are you more into coursework or essay?
Reply 8
Original post by PetitePanda
It depends on what you enjoy more as both aren't needed. Are you more into coursework or essay?

Well I find that dt is really easy and I’m really good with coursework but I’m pretty good with essay based work but I like how economics could be used in future aspects so now my mind is everywhere
I would pick the subject you enjoy the most and feel you can do better in. You can still go into economics or finance related degrees without econ a level.
Perhaps consider an A level in punctuation... :hat:
Well I find that dt is really easy and I’m really good with coursework but I’m pretty good with essay based work but I like how economics could be used in future aspects so now my mind is everywhere

Well economics does help with maths but dt is also helpful for engineering as well. My friend take dt and wanting to do engineering and the processes and materials gives you a bit more knowledge about them
Reply 12
If you want to study engineering take product design; really helps in practicals/projects at university; I have a family friend who did Further Maths, Maths, Physics + Product Design and is studying biomedical engineering so yeah
Original post by Luwei
If you want to study engineering take product design; really helps in practicals/projects at university; I have a family friend who did Further Maths, Maths, Physics + Product Design and is studying biomedical engineering so yeah

Thanks this is really helpful !
I wanna work in the engineering industry and maybe do aerospace engineering at uni but I wanna expand my options as product design may limit my options

You considered taking physics instead of product design then? It'll be quite good for engineering-related fields if that's what you wanna do

Quick Reply

Latest