The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Student car parking in Portsmouth

Hi i'm attending Portsmouth University starting in September 2016. I have a car and was wondering if there was anywhere to park while I was there. I hope to be living in James Watson Halls, so anywhere relatively close to there would be best. Thank you
your best try would be just to drive around look for no permit roads because there's no parking on campus unfortunately x
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by nicolathea
your best try would be just to drive around look for no permit roads because there's no parking on campus unfortunately x

Ohh ok, thank you, I will do!
Hi! Hannah from the Student Housing team here at UoP. The university is in agreement with the local council that, if you are allocated a room in either the Guildhall Halls or Rees/Burrell halls, you cannot bring a car with you. Portsmouth is a very small city and everything is in super-easy walking or cycling distance! If you need a car to get to/from placements for your course, then Langstone is the only halls site with parking (and you need to purchase a permit for it which is only usable at that car park!)
Just to clarify, do I need to be a student at the langstone campus to be able to get a parking permit there? It just being a uni if ports student means I can get a permit?
I have seen online that you can buy an annual parking permit for £75 however does not give alot of information. Where can this be used? Is it legit?
Original post by higgsmadi
Just to clarify, do I need to be a student at the langstone campus to be able to get a parking permit there? It just being a uni if ports student means I can get a permit?

Hey,

Langstone Campus is closed (its no longer used as student accommodation) so details on parking there you will need to look at the signs alongside the road or through the council to apply just as you would do when parking anywhere else.

Hope this helps.
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀
Original post by Anonymous
I have seen online that you can buy an annual parking permit for £75 however does not give alot of information. Where can this be used? Is it legit?

Hi,

Where were you looking and saw the price? I would refer to the council website
https://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/ext/parking-travel-and-roads/parking/residents-parking-permits
My housemate got a permit for the year and it costed him £30 (annual permit). He applied through the council website.

Hope this helps.
Doreen-maria- Official Student Rep 😀

Quick Reply