The Student Room Group

A-Level options dilemma

I'm starting my a-levels next year and I don't need chemistry for a-levels. I'm not sure which subject I should take as a 3rd, chem or business studies? Ik ppl say chem is hard but my school did this thing where we started a-levels right now till June for a headstart. So far, I've understood what the teacher is teaching me but I'm still unsure what to take. Is business hard. Btw I'm doing international a-levels.
Reply 1
What are you thinking of doing at uni? If you’re required a certain type of subject then take one which will suit your course. If not just do what you enjoy the most
Original post by katmai
What are you thinking of doing at uni? If you’re required a certain type of subject then take one which will suit your course. If not just do what you enjoy the most

I'm taking physics and maths. I'm going for AI degree
Reply 3
Original post by faizan13din57
I'm taking physics and maths. I'm going for AI degree

I would just do what you enjoy then. I was unsure between drama and English lit based on one being a facilitating subject. I chose drama because I enjoyed it more and haven't regretted it. I don't know enough about your course to say what they'd prefer but if neither business or chem are required just do what you enjoy more! :smile:
Just do what you enjoy/ are already good at. I do chemistry for a level and although it is hard work, I really enjoy
Original post by Himynameisdaisy
Just do what you enjoy/ are already good at. I do chemistry for a level and although it is hard work, I really enjoy

Tbh the teacher gave me a predicted grade of 9 for chem but I wasn’t so sure bout taking for a levels but when I got a taster for bio and chem, I found bio harder.
Original post by faizan13din57
Tbh the teacher gave me a predicted grade of 9 for chem but I wasn’t so sure bout taking for a levels but when I got a taster for bio and chem, I found bio harder.

Firstly, good for your for your predicted grade! I finished with a 7 in chemistry, and I’m currently doing fine, so you should definitely do fine, assuming you put the work in obviously. A lot of the chemistry content is new, hence why it is considered to be the hardest of the sciences, but it does come down to personal preference
Original post by Himynameisdaisy
Firstly, good for your for your predicted grade! I finished with a 7 in chemistry, and I’m currently doing fine, so you should definitely do fine, assuming you put the work in obviously. A lot of the chemistry content is new, hence why it is considered to be the hardest of the sciences, but it does come down to personal preference

ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest