The Student Room Group

Merseyside Police Recruitment February 2020.

Hi Guys. Not yet seen a thread for merseyside police recruitment in February 2020 so i thought id make one so we can help each other along the way and give advice and motivation when needed. Hoping to find people with common interests and other potential candidates on here, and even people who have previously been successful who can give any guidance :smile:.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erg97
Hi Guys. Not yet seen a thread for merseyside police recruitment in February 2020 so i thought id make one so we can help each other along the way and give advice and motivation when needed. Hoping to find people with common interests and other potential candidates on here, and even people who have previously been successful who can give any guidance :smile:.

Hey Erg97,

Hope you’re well. I’m currently going through the process and wanted to pick your brains.

My portal has changed to Await SEARCH Assesment Centre & it has been like this for about 10 days, I have had an email about next steps just yet, how long was it until you got this?

Equally how is your process been? And what has your experience been like so far?

Cheers!
Reply 2
Original post by mrcadettt796
Hey Erg97,

Hope you’re well. I’m currently going through the process and wanted to pick your brains.

My portal has changed to Await SEARCH Assesment Centre & it has been like this for about 10 days, I have had an email about next steps just yet, how long was it until you got this?

Equally how is your process been? And what has your experience been like so far?

Cheers!

Hey!
My portal still says the same thing. I am in the same position as you, I have a friend in merseyside police who has advised the search assessment will be online due to the current circumstances?
So I think there will be delays due to sorting that out, if thats correct!

Hopefully we will hear back soon to get the ball rolling.
Original post by erg97
Hey!
My portal still says the same thing. I am in the same position as you, I have a friend in merseyside police who has advised the search assessment will be online due to the current circumstances?
So I think there will be delays due to sorting that out, if thats correct!

Hopefully we will hear back soon to get the ball rolling.

Hey,

Ah this is useful to know, it’ll be interesting to see how they will do it online! It’s good to know it’s not just me, I keep checking it everyday waiting for something. Hopefully we will get an email soon to confirm everything, I spoke to one of my friends who is a Detective in GMP and he’s said that it means we are defo on the SEARCH but with everything it’s just very slow.

Fingers crossed and hope to meet you soon man! Let’s keep in touch!
Reply 4
Hey,

Ah this is useful to know, it’ll be interesting to see how they will do it online! It’s good to know it’s not just me, I keep checking it everyday waiting for something. Hopefully we will get an email soon to confirm everything, I spoke to one of my friends who is a Detective in GMP and he’s said that it means we are defo on the SEARCH but with everything it’s just very slow.

Yeah it will deffo be interesting to see how it all works, fingers crossed!! keep me
updated when you get a search date!
Reply 5
Hey guys,If you follow the College of Police guidance who run the testing, they have confirmed that all SEARCH assessment center will be online for the rest of 2020.FYI my login in too says await search assessment center.
Reply 6
Hey,

There will be no SEARCH for the rest of 2020..it will all be in an Online format.
Original post by tefc2020
Hey guys,If you follow the College of Police guidance who run the testing, they have confirmed that all SEARCH assessment center will be online for the rest of 2020.FYI my login in too says await search assessment center.

Ah fair enough mate! Hopefully we all hear back soon!
Ah fair enough mate! Hopefully we all hear back soon!

Morning guys,

Received an update this morning saying they are awaiting the dates from the college of policing and that it’ll be online and we should receive dates in next couple of weeks.

Just wanted to update
Hi Guys,

Have you got a date yet?
Reply 10
Hi Guys,

Have you got a date yet?

hey i got an email saying september is the likely month for my online assessments. Have you?
Original post by erg97
hey i got an email saying september is the likely month for my online assessments. Have you?

Hey no I’ve not got anything yet, did you email them to get that email?
Reply 12
Hey no I’ve not got anything yet, did you email them to get that email?

i got it friday and it just said i am one of the candidates who are next in line! so fingers crossed you will get one soon!
Original post by erg97
i got it friday and it just said i am one of the candidates who are next in line! so fingers crossed you will get one soon!

Hi! Glad to hear you've got your assessment. Good luck!

Just wondering what month you applied? I applied in late April so just trying to get a rough idea of when my own assessment might be.

Cheers, Johnathan.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey guys

I’ve just found this thread. I applied at the end of May too and my application has been set at awaiting online SEARCH assessment for the past 3 months. Has everyone heard back or are you still waiting?
Original post by Hopey123
Hey guys

I’ve just found this thread. I applied at the end of May too and my application has been set at awaiting online SEARCH assessment for the past 3 months. Has everyone heard back or are you still waiting?

Still waiting on mine, I did ring them for more detail and they told me that they're only getting select dates from the College of Policing and it's literally a case of first come first serve from what I am aware.

Hope this helps! And good luck for when you get to get it!
Original post by JohnathanPM
Still waiting on mine, I did ring them for more detail and they told me that they're only getting select dates from the College of Policing and it's literally a case of first come first serve from what I am aware.

Hope this helps! And good luck for when you get to get it!

Any luck?
Original post by tefc2020
Any luck?

Had my assessment on the 28th October, it really is odd talking to a camera! Just waiting on my results now which can apparently that can take up to 5-6 weeks.
Reply 18
Original post by JohnathanPM
Had my assessment on the 28th October, it really is odd talking to a camera! Just waiting on my results now which can apparently that can take up to 5-6 weeks.

I had mine back in September. Got my results several weeks after. Final interview was around 3 weeks after this. Lots of time given to prepare! I had it last week on Friday. Found out I was successful today! Very fast HR. Good Luck to everyone.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by erg97
I had mine back in September. Got my results several weeks after. Final interview was around 3 weeks after this. Lots of time given to prepare! I had it last week on Friday. Found out I was successful today! Very fast HR. Good Luck to everyone.

Well done pal, great to hear!

How was the final interview? I presume a lot is just personality gauging but is there anything you would advise to prepare for in particular?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending