The Student Room Group

Biology grade

Hi guys, I need a 6 in bio gcse to do psychology. I’m pretty sure I will get a 6 but as I do comb science, my bad Chem and physics grade might bring my overall grade down too. Is there a way of showing my sixth form that I got a 6 in biology even if my comb grade doesn’t show it?
What combined science do you do, synergy or triple?
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
What combined science do you do, synergy or triple?

I haven’t heard of synergy? But it’s not triple science it’s just combined. I’m given a grade in this format 5-6 or 6-6 or 6-7
Original post by SR09876
I haven’t heard of synergy? But it’s not triple science it’s just combined. I’m given a grade in this format 5-6 or 6-6 or 6-7

No there's two types of combined science. Combined science: trilogy (sorry used wrong word) or combined science: synergy. I assume you do trilogy, where you do all science but get two grades?
Reply 4
You could try contact your sixth form about what's happening, or you could maybe revise for the Autumn exams as a precaution.
How do you know you need a 6? Usually, sixth forms and colleges will ask for different grades depending on whether you do combined or triple science.
Reply 6
No there's two types of combined science. Combined science: trilogy (sorry used wrong word) or combined science: synergy. I assume you do trilogy, where you do all science but get two grades?

yes that’s correct sorry i didn’t know what you meant
Original post by SR09876
yes that’s correct sorry i didn’t know what you meant

It's fine most people dont know theres types of combined science. I'm assuming you've done test in biology only right? Like any mocks or assessment or homework?
Reply 8
It's fine most people dont know theres types of combined science. I'm assuming you've done test in biology only right? Like any mocks or assessment or homework?

Yes I’ve got a 6 in my biology mocks but I think I got grade 5 in chemistry and physics so it will bring my grade down? Is there any way of showing the sixth form that I got a grade 6 even though my combined grade might not show it?

Edit: you actually need a grade 6 in combined science for psychology!! Not just biology
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by SR09876
Yes I’ve got a 6 in my biology mocks but I think I got grade 5 in chemistry and physics so it will bring my grade down? Is there any way of showing the sixth form that I got a grade 6 even though my combined grade might not show it?

Do you or have the school have any evidence of that 6 like do you have that mocks? If so, you can show those to the school as evidence you can get a 6 in biology even if your combined grade might not show.
Reply 10
Do you or have the school have any evidence of that 6 like do you have that mocks? If so, you can show those to the school as evidence you can get a 6 in biology even if your combined grade might not show.

I think I have them but I’ve just checked that it’s grade 6 in combined not biology
It says at least a grade 6 in biology/combined science
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by SR09876
I think I have them but I’ve just checked that it’s grade 6 in combined not biology
It says at least a grade 6 in biology/combined science

Do you not think you will get a 6 in combined?
Reply 12
Do you not think you will get a 6 in combined?

I’m not sure I’m just worried that if I don’t I won’t get into the sixth form I want. And I don’t want to resit science.
Original post by SR09876
I’m not sure I’m just worried that if I don’t I won’t get into the sixth form I want. And I don’t want to resit science.

I'm sure they will take this as evidence as they just want an understanding of biology since psychology does have some biology in it. It's worth trying if you dont get those grades so treat this as a back up plan.
Reply 14
I'm sure they will take this as evidence as they just want an understanding of biology since psychology does have some biology in it. It's worth trying if you dont get those grades so treat this as a back up plan.

Ok thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest