The Student Room Group

predicted grades 2020

Hi!
Do you think its fair my school is going to use my ALIS grade to predict my UCAS predictions?
Personally I don't think it is as thats based upon my Gcse's not my actual ability at this moment in time.

What are your thoughts?
No, it's based on your performance throughout Year 12 onwards
Reply 2
Original post by AM_TSR
No, it's based on your performance throughout Year 12 onwards

So my ALIS grades are a prediction of my performance in year 12 onwards?
Original post by Crazytiger
So my ALIS grades are a prediction of my performance in year 12 onwards?

ALIS grades are expected grades right? UCAS uses predicted grades which are assigned by your teachers in sixth form
Reply 4
Original post by AM_TSR
ALIS grades are expected grades right? UCAS uses predicted grades which are assigned by your teachers in sixth form

Does this mean that my predicted grades are different to the ones given to unis?
Does this mean that my predicted grades are different to the ones given to unis?

You have expected/ALIS grades which are as a result of your GCSE performance (these are not sent anywhere, they're just for your teachers to compare and evaluate your A Level performance). You also have predicted grades which are assigned by your teachers and are sent to universities for your UCAS application
Reply 6
Original post by AM_TSR
You have expected/ALIS grades which are as a result of your GCSE performance (these are not sent anywhere, they're just for your teachers to compare and evaluate your A Level performance). You also have predicted grades which are assigned by your teachers and are sent to universities for your UCAS application

Thankyou!
What are UCAS predicted grades?
I've been hearing from people that the UCAS predicted grades are a grade higher than your predicted grades, is this true?
Thankyou!
What are UCAS predicted grades?
I've been hearing from people that the UCAS predicted grades are a grade higher than your predicted grades, is this true?

UCAS predicted grades are your "predicted grades". They are the grades which your teachers think you will get at the end of Year 13, they could be anything (they could be either the same as your expected grades, higher or lower).
Reply 8
Original post by AM_TSR
UCAS predicted grades are your "predicted grades". They are the grades which your teachers think you will get at the end of Year 13, they could be anything (they could be either the same as your expected grades, higher or lower).

Ohhh right, thank you very much!
So there is nothing that can be done about them at this moment in time
Ohhh right, thank you very much!
So there is nothing that can be done about them at this moment in time

Well, they are determined by your teachers as stated before so they'll review your performance throughout Year 12 so far
Original post by AM_TSR
Well, they are determined by your teachers as stated before so they'll review your performance throughout Year 12 so far

Okay, thankyou!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending