The Student Room Group

Mazars Virtual Assessment Centre 2020

Hi everyone,

I have made it through Mazars' phone interview and have been told that I will be put on a shortlist for the virtual assessment centre.

Can anyone share how long it took them to receive an invitation to the VAC?
Also if anyone has experienced one and could give me some advice I would appreciate it! :smile:

I'm applying to Poole's accounting scheme in case anyone is wondering.
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

I just received an invitation to the virtual assessment centre for next Thursday (21st). I found out that I had passed the phone interview exactly 2 weeks ago.

Good luck - hope you get your invite too!
Reply 2
Congrats! What scheme and location have you applied for?I imagine mine has been delayed as they are awaiting positions to fill for an assessment day.
I have applied for graduate audit in London, so I would have thought the VAC I'm doing will be different to yours. Good luck - hopefully they'll have the numbers soon and send you an invite!
Reply 4
Congrats guys,
I have also been shortlisted for the VAC for the graduate Audit scheme.
How are you guys feeling about it.
And how are you preparing for it?
Original post by Zee106
Congrats guys,
I have also been shortlisted for the VAC for the graduate Audit scheme.
How are you guys feeling about it.
And how are you preparing for it?

Thanks, you too. I'm feeling pretty good about it, although I'm not sure how they will run the group exercise in a virtual setting. I'm going to prepare by doing practice numerical reasoning and verbal reasoning tests. I'll also do more research into the company etc.

I have a virtual assessment centre with EY tomorrow too, so I'll share any insights that I pick up from that after the day :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Garethlewis2122
Thanks, you too. I'm feeling pretty good about it, although I'm not sure how they will run the group exercise in a virtual setting. I'm going to prepare by doing practice numerical reasoning and verbal reasoning tests. I'll also do more research into the company etc.

I have a virtual assessment centre with EY tomorrow too, so I'll share any insights that I pick up from that after the day :smile:

Thanks,
Good luck with EY !
EY assessment day was good and I'll find out next week so fingers crossed! It was quite cool because the assessor I had was doing it for the first time so it was all very relaxed and informal.

I think the process was quite different to what Mazars have described, but I'm hoping it will have the same relaxed atmosphere.

Good luck to you!
Reply 8
EY assessment day was good and I'll find out next week so fingers crossed! It was quite cool because the assessor I had was doing it for the first time so it was all very relaxed and informal.

I think the process was quite different to what Mazars have described, but I'm hoping it will have the same relaxed atmosphere.

Good luck to you!

Glad to hear it went good, was it just a 1:1 interview or did you also have any assessments to do?
Just out of curiosity, which one would you prefer to go for (Mazars or EY)?
Original post by Zee106
Glad to hear it went good, was it just a 1:1 interview or did you also have any assessments to do?
Just out of curiosity, which one would you prefer to go for (Mazars or EY)?

There was no interview as part of the EY day - that's the last stage if you pass the assessment centre. There were three assessments (A numerical reasoning test, a case study exercise and an email exercise). It was really relaxed to be fair.

To be honest I'd be quite happy to work for either EY or Mazars as they are both great companies. EY would be more convenient for me personally as it's in Reading, whilst the Mazars job is in London. I'm also on the waiting list for the next assessment centre at KPMG so fingers crossed I get one of them!
There was no interview as part of the EY day - that's the last stage if you pass the assessment centre. There were three assessments (A numerical reasoning test, a case study exercise and an email exercise). It was really relaxed to be fair.

To be honest I'd be quite happy to work for either EY or Mazars as they are both great companies. EY would be more convenient for me personally as it's in Reading, whilst the Mazars job is in London. I'm also on the waiting list for the next assessment centre at KPMG so fingers crossed I get one of them!

Hi, congrats to you
I am also waiting for an upcoming VAC,
Just wanted to know how they carry out the assessments virtually? Is the procedure similar to the online tests prior to the telephone interview or is the test monitored through a webcam?
Original post by harry782
Hi, congrats to you
I am also waiting for an upcoming VAC,
Just wanted to know how they carry out the assessments virtually? Is the procedure similar to the online tests prior to the telephone interview or is the test monitored through a webcam?

The whole day was conducted through Microsoft Teams. The numerical reasoning test was done individually without anybody monitoring us. The Case Study exercise and email task were done 1:1 with a partner from the company, with webcam and microphone used to communicate. I imagine the process will be similar with the Mazars VAC.
The whole day was conducted through Microsoft Teams. The numerical reasoning test was done individually without anybody monitoring us. The Case Study exercise and email task were done 1:1 with a partner from the company, with webcam and microphone used to communicate. I imagine the process will be similar with the Mazars VAC.

Thanks for clarifying , seems reasonable .
Good Luck on you AC with Mazars !
Hi People! Been following this thread since last week. Just received a call from Mazars. I was scheduled for the virtual assessment centre this Thursday after waiting weeks for AC confirm. Recruiter told me they had to cancel my VAC and put back on hold as they wait for people they had given offers to accept or reject. I am bummed about this as I have been prepping for it for the last 3 days. I am just wondering if anyone else received call or if there were any changes to the VAC invite you received. I think it heavily depends on whatever stream you have chosen.
Reply 14
Original post by Isaac3148
Hi People! Been following this thread since last week. Just received a call from Mazars. I was scheduled for the virtual assessment centre this Thursday after waiting weeks for AC confirm. Recruiter told me they had to cancel my VAC and put back on hold as they wait for people they had given offers to accept or reject. I am bummed about this as I have been prepping for it for the last 3 days. I am just wondering if anyone else received call or if there were any changes to the VAC invite you received. I think it heavily depends on whatever stream you have chosen.

I feel for you. What role/location did you apply to?
Original post by Shah99
I feel for you. What role/location did you apply to?

Applied for the London financial services stream. I am guessing there may be a lot demand for it. How about you?
Reply 16
Applied for the London financial services stream. I am guessing there may be a lot demand for it. How about you?

tax

Sorry to hear about that. Luckily, mine still seems to be going ahead on Thursday for Audit. I hope you get a chance to do an assessment centre soon!
Reply 18

Hi there, my EY assessment day is this Wednesday. I haven't yet received an email with the Microsoft teams link for the day, I was just wondering how far in advance you got this, in case I should contact the recruitment team? Cheers!
Original post by eeabdn
Hi there, my EY assessment day is this Wednesday. I haven't yet received an email with the Microsoft teams link for the day, I was just wondering how far in advance you got this, in case I should contact the recruitment team? Cheers!

They emailed me a couple of days before the assessment day. If you haven't got the link by midday tomorrow, I'd probably get in touch with them. Check your junk folder too, as a lot of my emails have ended up in there.
Best of luck with your assessment day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending