The Student Room Group

Transactions/Deals qualified prospects in PwC,EY,KPMG,GT,BDO

Hello, I am ACCA qualified (+3years experience) working as senior Associate in the valuations team one of the Big 4s. I am non-british and non-EU. I also hold a CFA 1.

Will it be difficult to break into the transactions team of any of the likes of PwC,EY,KPMG,GT or BDO in the UK?

What do theses firms look for in a candidate?

And what are the expected salary ranges?
Reply 1
Original post by 80tek
Hello, I am ACCA qualified (+3years experience) working as senior Associate in the valuations team one of the Big 4s. I am non-british and non-EU. I also hold a CFA 1.

Will it be difficult to break into the transactions team of any of the likes of PwC,EY,KPMG,GT or BDO in the UK?

What do theses firms look for in a candidate?

And what are the expected salary ranges?

Are you a British resident/ right to work in the UK? If not you probably need to check in the countries you may wish to work in.
have you looked into getting an internal move in M&A or Corporate Finance? usually these firms encourage movement, I certainly know a few people at the big 4 who have done that once qualified. They are looking for a willingness to get stuck in the social scene and also for a solid audit record thus far. You need to be much more outgoing than you would when in a small audit team on client site. its an investment banking-lite culture.

The salary is okay, not that impressive when compared to other industries but you can save a lot as you will not have much time to spend it an you will have expenses and accomodation paid for. its not for everyone and burnout is pretty high there in my social circle. a lot of people who are slightly older than me have gone into regional vacancies outside of the big 4 where they are the big boss of accounting/finance, like at a car garage or small local manufacturing business. CFA/CIMA/ACA/ACCA would all be suitable for those types of roles.
Reply 3
Original post by ajj2000
Are you a British resident/ right to work in the UK? If not you probably need to check in the countries you may wish to work in.

Na, not british. That is what is hampering my chances in the UK.
Reply 4
Original post by neal95
have you looked into getting an internal move in M&A or Corporate Finance? usually these firms encourage movement, I certainly know a few people at the big 4 who have done that once qualified. They are looking for a willingness to get stuck in the social scene and also for a solid audit record thus far. You need to be much more outgoing than you would when in a small audit team on client site. its an investment banking-lite culture.

The salary is okay, not that impressive when compared to other industries but you can save a lot as you will not have much time to spend it an you will have expenses and accomodation paid for. its not for everyone and burnout is pretty high there in my social circle. a lot of people who are slightly older than me have gone into regional vacancies outside of the big 4 where they are the big boss of accounting/finance, like at a car garage or small local manufacturing business. CFA/CIMA/ACA/ACCA would all be suitable for those types of roles.

Yes - they claim they promote internal moves - but once you are senior (3-4) years experience - they are not too keen.

Quick Reply

Latest