The Student Room Group

How is quarantine effecting your mental health?

How is ‘being in quarantine’ effected your mental health and well-being? And how are you dealing with it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not great and just getting on with it
Reply 2
Negatively.
Original post by Itsweece
Not great and just getting on with it

Do u feel that it is appropriate to “just get on with it” when it could really damage some things towards your health?

I’m also just getting on with it but making improvements would help in the long run. We may not think of it as much right now but I’m pretty sure we will definitely regret it when we are much older.
Original post by Bio 7
Negatively.

I feel you😢 something’s just feel like they have no answer to😰
Not necessarily the lockdown itself, but it's the fact that the lockdown has affected uni which is what has/is affecting me right now.
Reply 6
Original post by Caramellaaa
Do u feel that it is appropriate to “just get on with it” when it could really damage some things towards your health?

I’m also just getting on with it but making improvements would help in the long run. We may not think of it as much right now but I’m pretty sure we will definitely regret it when we are much older.

I get what youre saying, but Im not one to talk to people about it. i dont like to load my problems on other people and try and et their help, I prefer to just get on with it. It somewhat works for me
How is ‘being in quarantine’ effected your mental health and well-being? And how are you dealing with it?

It's actually been good for me 😊

Mentally if it it starts to effect me i start to do meditations which helps me a lot . I deal with a positive attitude towards quarantine.
It doesn't help that I am the least affected person in my family when it comes to mental health. The rest of the people in my house are having terrible mood swings, crippling anxiety attacks, and periods of aggression. I can't wait for lockdown to be over smh.
it hasn't impacted it at all
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Not necessarily the lockdown itself, but it's the fact that the lockdown has affected uni which is what has/is affecting me right now.

I couldn’t agree more. Lockdown has affected the course that I am studying and the assignments I’m having to complete. On top of that I feel unmotivated to do pretty much everything.
Hasn’t affected me negatively at all. I’m actually quite enjoying it tbh.
Original post by Itsweece
I get what youre saying, but Im not one to talk to people about it. i dont like to load my problems on other people and try and et their help, I prefer to just get on with it. It somewhat works for me

I’m not the one to talk about it either. I just keep things to myself and I don’t like to worry people about what I’m struggling with. I always try to keep a smile on my face even when I’m in the worst situations becuz I don’t want people to know about what I’m dealing with. I’ve kept to myself for my whole life but recently I’ve just been trying to find conclusions on how I should deal with it cuz it’s getting tiring
Not sure if it’s the quarantine but I think I’m going insane and I’m not kidding either
Original post by Serenity-M
It's actually been good for me 😊

That’s nice, what do u do to keep busy?😄
Pretty well. I'm a huge introvert and having so much free time to do nothing except my hobbies is perfect tbh. Because I get so bored I eventually resort to doing things that I wouldn't have done without lockdown, like working out and trying new recipes.

I do miss eating out though.
Original post by winfordhowar90
Mentally if it it starts to effect me i start to do meditations which helps me a lot . I deal with a positive attitude towards quarantine.

When you meditate, what do u think of to keep you at peace and serenity?
And what do u think the positive attitudes towards quarantine are?
Some days I’m content with being at home other days I wanna smash my head against the wall - I just feel like I’m wasting my life away and it’s made me realise how much I take for granted.
Original post by Mayuxue
It doesn't help that I am the least affected person in my family when it comes to mental health. The rest of the people in my house are having terrible mood swings, crippling anxiety attacks, and periods of aggression. I can't wait for lockdown to be over smh.

Ikr lockdown has really taken affect on everyone and people have had enough, I just can’t wait for things to go back to normal (even though things won’t entirely go back to how they were)

Quick Reply

Latest