The Student Room Group

I need help with what to take for Uni

Hi all, I was wondering about what subjects to take for university, im in year 12 currently soon to be year 13, I need help, I took A level Biology, A level Business and B tech ICT, when I chose Business and ICT i took them because I thought that they were easy, but I really want to do something to do primarily with an A level biology. Any Recommendations for what Uni courses are good with only A level Bio needed. Thank you
Hi,
I could be wrong but I think that zoology could be an option, I'm pretty sure that biology itself requires chemistry. maybe psychology as some unis don't require it and you can get in with science subjects.
Anthropology, Archaeology, Occupational Therapy, Speech therapy
Original post by SaminM
Hi all, I was wondering about what subjects to take for university, im in year 12 currently soon to be year 13, I need help, I took A level Biology, A level Business and B tech ICT, when I chose Business and ICT i took them because I thought that they were easy, but I really want to do something to do primarily with an A level biology. Any Recommendations for what Uni courses are good with only A level Bio needed. Thank you

Hi @SaminM :hello:

I did some research on the Greenwich website and saw that you could possibly do Biology as a degree with you’re a level subjects so it’s a good idea to shop around and see if any other uni’s would accept this

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by UniofGreenwich

I did some research on the Greenwich website and saw that you could possibly do Biology as a degree with you’re a level subjects so it’s a good idea to shop around and see if any other uni’s would accept this

Hi ,
Is it possible to study pharmacy at Kings College and get in with grade 5 in maths and English language when they require a 6?
Original post by SaminM

Hi @SaminM!

At Portsmouth you can take Biology, Environmental Science, Marine Biology and Parametric Science with just taking Biology as an entry requirement. There might be more just have a look around the website :smile:

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by UniofGreenwich

could you get into teaching biology at a college/high school if i took biology degree?
Reply 7
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi @SaminM!

At Portsmouth you can take Biology, Environmental Science, Marine Biology and Parametric Science with just taking Biology as an entry requirement. There might be more just have a look around the website :smile:

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:

If i chose to study biology would I be able to teach it at high school or college level?
Original post by SaminM
could you get into teaching biology at a college/high school if i took biology degree?

Hi, to teach a science you would need to have the relevant degree and then you could study a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). It just depends then, who you wanted to teach. To teach GCSE level, you could apply for a PGCE in secondary science (biology) and if you wanted to teach anyone over the age of 16 (ie sixth form/ college), you could go for a PGCE in further education and skills. I would recommend having a chat with the @GetIntoTeaching team if you have any more specific questions about this!

Hopefully this helps!
Duncan :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending