The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys :biggrin:
Exactly, money isn't everything! :h: Alex is good, he's been video calling all his friends and doing a lot of art, he's finally happy again :biggrin: I'll try and convince him yes!

Hi there :h: I'm so glad to hear you've come out to people now, well done! :biggrin: and feel free to talk more, I love hearing from every single one of you :h:

(I think everyone's been getting me, I'm just so relatable clearly :tongue:)

I’m really pleased Alex is feeling happier. How are your symptoms, are they getting any better?
Hi everyone! I’m the girl that found the thread yesterday and binge read it in 7 hours lol glad to be here. My name is Rachel btw. I’m still posting in anon because I’m associated with uni stuff and I don’t want to feel like I need to censor my own words.
Just to share the mood, currently still in bed with my cat because he was missing me and wanted those strokes 🥰
How’s everyone doing? And how are you @nathan1403 and your family? Feeling any better?
Original post by josie71202
I just went for my first walk alone since schools shut it was short but good

:biggrin:
Original post by Mosaic4
I’m really pleased Alex is feeling happier. How are your symptoms, are they getting any better?

Me too :h: :h: Nah, they actually got worse! I feel properly ill today, all I can really do is stay in bed :frown:

Hi everyone! I’m the girl that found the thread yesterday and binge read it in 7 hours lol glad to be here. My name is Rachel btw. I’m still posting in anon because I’m associated with uni stuff and I don’t want to feel like I need to censor my own words.
Just to share the mood, currently still in bed with my cat because he was missing me and wanted those strokes 🥰
How’s everyone doing? And how are you @nathan1403 and your family? Feeling any better?

Hi Rachel :smile: awwwww that sounds cute, I love snuggly cats!

Like i just said I'm feeling worse today and both my parents feel ill too :frown: luckily Alex and my sister are still fine, really hope it stays that way!
Exactly, money isn't everything! :h: Alex is good, he's been video calling all his friends and doing a lot of art, he's finally happy again :biggrin: I'll try and convince him yes!

I've always had the attitude in life that as long as I can live comfortably, I don't care about money and earning a huge amount of money. I'd rather work to live than live to work. Nice and I'm really glad to see Alex is happy again!
I've always had the attitude in life that as long as I can live comfortably, I don't care about money and earning a huge amount of money. I'd rather work to live than live to work. Nice and I'm really glad to see Alex is happy again!

I couldn't agree more, I don't see the point in having a lot of money when you're spending all your time working? It's much more important to live an enjoyable life :smile:
Original post by Rasofema
He’s just the cutest, I usually wake up pretty early in the morning and every time I stay longer in bed he comes looking for me just to see if I’m okay <3

Oh that sucks I’m sorry... :frown: glad that Alex and your sister are okay tho! Have they tried (to the best of their abilities ofc) to isolate? They may be the lucky ones that have no symptoms tho!

Omg that is so adorable, I love it when pets and their owners have a special kinda bond, it's the cutest thing ever!! :h:

My sister is isolating from the rest of us yes, but Alex didn't bother since he was sleeping in my bed the night I first got a fever so there's like a 99% chance hes got it already :s-smilie:
Omg that is so adorable, I love it when pets and their owners have a special kinda bond, it's the cutest thing ever!! :h:

My sister is isolating from the rest of us yes, but Alex didn't bother since he was sleeping in my bed the night I first got a fever so there's like a 99% chance hes got it already :s-smilie:

I was thinking Alex isn't realistically isolating from you
I got 'Me' (Nathan?) on the travel quiz, I also re-took the who are you more like quiz and also got Nathan.
Original post by nathan1403
:biggrin:
Me too :h: :h: Nah, they actually got worse! I feel properly ill today, all I can really do is stay in bed :frown:

Like i just said I'm feeling worse today and both my parents feel ill too :frown: luckily Alex and my sister are still fine, really hope it stays that way!

Hope your start to feel better soon (even if its just a little) and hopefully your sister and Alex stay well
I was thinking Alex isn't realistically isolating from you

Nope, I may be ill but that doesn't mean I don't need attention :tongue:
Original post by Fresher18
I got 'Me' (Nathan?) on the travel quiz, I also re-took the who are you more like quiz and also got Nathan.

Hahaha we're basically the same person now :tongue:
Original post by Fresher18
Hope your start to feel better soon (even if its just a little) and hopefully your sister and Alex stay well

Thank you!! :h:
what are you lot up to today
. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Carl Bard

I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

Thomas Edison
(edited 3 years ago)

Oh yeah that makes sense. What a crazy time we live in. And now apparently NASA found proof that there is a parallel universe opposite to ours??? I mean 2020 the hell are you doing to us
Oh yeah that makes sense. What a crazy time we live in. And now apparently NASA found proof that there is a parallel universe opposite to ours??? I mean 2020 the hell are you doing to us

I just read that this morning haha, hope it's true. it's blown my mind hahaha
what are you lot up to today

Not much, I'm feeling too crappy to do anything :frown: Trying to study but it's not really happening. Alex is taking care of me which is great, I've always wanted to be treated by a hot nurse :tongue:

How about you?
Original post by UnchartedDude18
. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Carl Bard

I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”

Thomas Edison

Both so true!!

Wait is that actually a thing?? I wonder what parallel universe Nathan n Alex are up to :tongue:
Wait is that actually a thing?? I wonder what parallel universe Nathan n Alex are up to :tongue:

I di d all my productive stuff this morning I might practice some makeup but I CBA to get up
I di d all my productive stuff this morning I might practice some makeup but I CBA to get up

Well done :h: you should, makeup is fun! Honestly if gender norms weren't a thing I'd wear eyeliner every day, it looks hot on me :tongue:
Original post by nathan1403
Well done :h: you should, makeup is fun! Honestly if gender norms weren't a thing I'd wear eyeliner every day, it looks hot on me :tongue:

I can't do fiddly bits I don't have the coordination to do my eyes so I get my eyelashes tinted it looks like mascara
Just a little bit of positivity for everybody here; if I can promote positivity to all of you's then I'll have a jolly good go!! :biggrin:

What I want you guys to do is, is to tell me what you plan to do after lockdown. Both in the short-term and the long-term thereafter.

Talk about any goals and aspirations you want to achieve, perhaps you could get in touch with that friend you haven't seen in years, or perhaps you could visit a part of the UK (or another country) that you've always wanted to.

My aspiration is to form a closer tie with my best friend, get back into my normal routine of going to work, and doing petty jobs here and there. Also, long term I want to go go university and achieve my career aspirations, not to mention travelling the world! :smile:

RIGHT, your turn! :P
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by UnchartedDude18
Just a little bit of positivity for everybody here; if I can promote positivity to all of you's then I'll have a jolly good go!! :biggrin:

What I want you guys to do is, is to tell me what you plan to do after lockdown. Both in the short-term and the long-term thereafter.

Talk about any goals and aspirations you want to achieve, perhaps you could get in touch with that friend you haven't seen in years, or perhaps you could visit a part of the UK (or another country) that you always wanted to.

My aspiration is to form a closer tie with my best friend, get back into my normal routine of going to work, and doing petty jobs here and there. Also, long term I want to go go university and achieve my career aspirations, not to mention travelling the world! :smile:

RIGHT, your turn! :P

short term I want to go to my local town alone because my friends don't invite me anywhere and you never know I might meet someone cute 😉

long term I wanna get into my apprenticeship and get into work. With PIP I have the income to not work because of my disability but I want to be financially independence
short term I want to go to my local town alone because my friends don't invite me anywhere and you never know I might meet someone cute 😉

long term I wanna get into my apprenticeship and get into work. With PIP I have the income to not work because of my disability but I want to be financially independence

Oh that sounds really good to be honest, and yeah you might - hold on to that dream! (The thought of a cute lad makes me die hahaha, omg, it would be sooo good!)

I think it's amazing that you are trying to achieve. I get PIP too, but I am healthy enough to work part time so that's positive I suppose. You can achieve whatever you put your mind to Josie, don't forget that! :smile:

Latest