The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by josie71202
what are you lot up to today

We’ve been baking in between classes, my boyf had a tutorial this morning and I’ve got a thing on now. It’s his mum’s birthday tomorrow so we’re making her a cake. It’s not going well but cake is cake 😂
Original post by AnnaBananana
We’ve been baking in between classes, my boyf had a tutorial this morning and I’ve got a thing on now. It’s his mum’s birthday tomorrow so we’re making her a cake. It’s not going well but cake is cake 😂

I love baking it's really fun
cake is amazing
I love baking it's really fun
cake is amazing

I’m sure it’ll taste fine - we were messing around and one layer got dropped so we’ve kinda stuck it back together with jam and it will have to go on the bottom
Original post by AnnaBananana
I’m sure it’ll taste fine - we were messing around and one layer got dropped so we’ve kinda stuck it back together with jam and it will have to go on the bottom

it'll be great
Original post by UnchartedDude18
Oh that sounds really good to be honest, and yeah you might - hold on to that dream! (The thought of a cute lad makes me die hahaha, omg, it would be sooo good!)

I think it's amazing that you are trying to achieve. I get PIP too, but I am healthy enough to work part time so that's positive I suppose. You can achieve whatever you put your mind to Josie, don't forget that! :smile:

aww you're so kind
yeah cute lad or cute girl for me
Just a little bit of positivity for everybody here; if I can promote positivity to all of you's then I'll have a jolly good go!! :biggrin:

What I want you guys to do is, is to tell me what you plan to do after lockdown. Both in the short-term and the long-term thereafter.

Talk about any goals and aspirations you want to achieve, perhaps you could get in touch with that friend you haven't seen in years, or perhaps you could visit a part of the UK (or another country) that you've always wanted to.

My aspiration is to form a closer tie with my best friend, get back into my normal routine of going to work, and doing petty jobs here and there. Also, long term I want to go go university and achieve my career aspirations, not to mention travelling the world! :smile:

RIGHT, your turn! :P

Loving this idea :biggrin: In the short term, I want to see my friends again and get back in touch with some people I haven't spoken to in a while, go back to uni, and go on a trip (even if it's a small one) with Alex :smile: As for long term goals, idk, become a proper adult? Finish uni, find a job and place to live, get married, have kids, but also travel the world obvs :biggrin:
Just a little bit of positivity for everybody here; if I can promote positivity to all of you's then I'll have a jolly good go!! :biggrin:

What I want you guys to do is, is to tell me what you plan to do after lockdown. Both in the short-term and the long-term thereafter.

Talk about any goals and aspirations you want to achieve, perhaps you could get in touch with that friend you haven't seen in years, or perhaps you could visit a part of the UK (or another country) that you've always wanted to.

My aspiration is to form a closer tie with my best friend, get back into my normal routine of going to work, and doing petty jobs here and there. Also, long term I want to go go university and achieve my career aspirations, not to mention travelling the world! :smile:

In the short term I want to get back into dating and long term I want to get a Masters and possibly a PhD/DMus
Original post by nathan1403
Loving this idea :biggrin: In the short term, I want to see my friends again and get back in touch with some people I haven't spoken to in a while, go back to uni, and go on a trip (even if it's a small one) with Alex :smile: As for long term goals, idk, become a proper adult? Finish uni, find a job and place to live, get married, have kids, but also travel the world obvs :biggrin:

Good, glad you like the idea!
Sounds like you have a lot planned for your future the , I wish you all the luck in the world, really do.

Original post by ChocCheesecake
In the short term I want to get back into dating and long term I want to get a Masters and possibly a PhD/DMus

These are both good things to aspire towards, I wish you the best in your endeavours.I hope you achieve to be the best you can be.

PRSOM
Shirt term: see my friends and have a somewhat normal year 13 summer
Long term: smash uni 😁
These are both good things to aspire towards, I wish you the best in your endeavours.I hope you achieve to be the best you can be.

Thanks, you too. 😁

Thank you so much :h: I'm a simple man tbh, I'd be so happy living in a small house with a cute husband and two kids, that's literally my dream life :tongue:
why do teachers think it's acceptable to set work really early and really late
Good morning :smile:

Just a covid update I guess: I'm dying :redface: Like for real, I've still got that pesky fever, my entire body hurts, and on top of that I feel like vomiting and even walking from my room to the bathroom left me out of breath :frown: I'm not looking for sympathy or whatever, it's fine, but I'm just worried this will get even worse and I'll end up in hospital :redface: doesn't help that I was just reading a story about a student my age who was on a ventilator for 8 days or so despite having no underlying health conditions...

I literally can't get out of bed for now, fingers crossed it gets better later today because I've got my first exam in 10 days!

Also Alex was coughing p much all night long so I barely got any sleep. Looks like he's getting symptoms too now :/

Another thing is we need food but there's no delivery available, it's too busy plus we live in the middle of nowhere. We were initially gonna send Alex out today with a face mask and gloves but now that he's got symptoms too that's no longer an option :s-smilie: I'm sure we can ask the neighbours or something so dw, it's just that my parents hate asking people favours :tongue:

I wish I had something good to tell you guys because this thread is meant to be a positive space etc but life kinda sucks rn :frown: well I guess one good thing is I feel to crappy to worry about stuff!

What's everyone's plans for today? :smile:

Just a covid update I guess: I'm dying :redface: Like for real, I've still got that pesky fever, my entire body hurts, and on top of that I feel like vomiting and even walking from my room to the bathroom left me out of breath :frown: I'm not looking for sympathy or whatever, it's fine, but I'm just worried this will get even worse and I'll end up in hospital :redface: doesn't help that I was just reading a story about a student my age who was on a ventilator for 8 days or so despite having no underlying health conditions...

I literally can't get out of bed for now, fingers crossed it gets better later today because I've got my first exam in 10 days!

Also Alex was coughing p much all night long so I barely got any sleep. Looks like he's getting symptoms too now :/

Another thing is we need food but there's no delivery available, it's too busy plus we live in the middle of nowhere. We were initially gonna send Alex out today with a face mask and gloves but now that he's got symptoms too that's no longer an option :s-smilie: I'm sure we can ask the neighbours or something so dw, it's just that my parents hate asking people favours :tongue:

I wish I had something good to tell you guys because this thread is meant to be a positive space etc but life kinda sucks rn :frown: well I guess one good thing is I feel to crappy to worry about stuff!

my hay fever took a huge spike so I hardly slept which is annoying as I have a video call with teachers plus a phone call with an HR expert and my eyes are itchy so I'll probably drag myself to my desk soon

I hope you all recover soon. It currently just sounds like a normal sickness so I wouldn't worry too much yet. How are your parents and sister? And yesz definitely ask a friend to drop off food and only let your sister handle it. In my house we are disinfecting all the packaging when we get our shopping. Also remember a lot of people feel bad when they get it but a tiny % get very sick or die.
(edited 3 years ago)
my hay fever took a huge spike so I hardly slept which is annoying as I have a video call with teachers plus a phone call with an HR expert and my eyes are itchy so I'll probably drag myself to my desk soon

Aww poor you :hugs: Good luck for both of those calls, you got this!
Original post by Serenity-M
I hope you all recover soon. It currently just sounds like a normal sickness so I wouldn't worry too much yet. How are your parents and sister? And yesz definitely ask a friend to drop off food and only let your sister handle it. In my house we are disinfecting all the packaging when we get our shopping. Also remember a lot of people feel bad when they get it but a tiny % get very sick or die.

Thank you so much! I'm already feeling a bit better just now, about to hit the books. My mum is actually feeling okay today, she's stopped coughing and doesn't have any other symptoms! I havent seen my dad yet today, he's still in bed, so he can't be doing very well since he usually gets up at 7 :/ My sister is also feeling a bit ill but that could be anything, she's got a weak immune system so 'a bit ill' is pretty much her standard unfortunately :s-smilie:

How are you today?
Aww poor you :hugs: Good luck for both of those calls, you got this!

Thank you so much! I'm already feeling a bit better just now, about to hit the books. My mum is actually feeling okay today, she's stopped coughing and doesn't have any other symptoms! I havent seen my dad yet today, he's still in bed, so he can't be doing very well since he usually gets up at 7 :/ My sister is also feeling a bit ill but that could be anything, she's got a weak immune system so 'a bit ill' is pretty much her standard unfortunately :s-smilie:

How are you today?

That's good to hear. Don't feel anxious if you feel bad, it's the nature of an illness. Look on the NHS website about when you should be contacting them. I think it's if you have a lot of breathing difficulty. That's good to hear for your mum, just remember, even if she shows no symptoms she could be contagiousbso she shouldn't go near your sister. Yes your dad probably doesn't feel great but again that's the nature of an illness, I'm sure he will be fine. I hope your sister is ok. 🤞 Is she keeping well isolated?
I'm good, I went for a walk this morning and I'm meeting a friend today, but obviously keeping 2m apart and outside 👍
That's good to hear. Don't feel anxious if you feel bad, it's the nature of an illness. Look on the NHS website about when you should be contacting them. I think it's if you have a lot of breathing difficulty. That's good to hear for your mum, just remember, even if she shows no symptoms she could be contagiousbso she shouldn't go near your sister. Yes your dad probably doesn't feel great but again that's the nature of an illness, I'm sure he will be fine. I hope your sister is ok. 🤞 Is she keeping well isolated?
I'm good, I went for a walk this morning and I'm meeting a friend today, but obviously keeping 2m apart and outside 👍

Thank you for all the support :h: My sister is trying to stay isolated but it's quite hard because she has to eat and shower etc in the same rooms we do, other than that she stays inside her own room. Have fun seeing your friend today, it's great people can finally meet up again! :biggrin:
Thank you for all the support :h: My sister is trying to stay isolated but it's quite hard because she has to eat and shower etc in the same rooms we do, other than that she stays inside her own room. Have fun seeing your friend today, it's great people can finally meet up again! :biggrin:

Fair enough. There's probably info on the NHS site on what to do. I will. We're having a picnic 👍
Fair enough. There's probably info on the NHS site on what to do. I will. We're having a picnic 👍

Lovely, enjoy!!:h::h:

I can't wait to see my friends again (when I no longer have covid ofc) but they're all so far away :frown:

Latest