The Student Room Group

Fresher's event

How is it ? Is it worth to attend ?

-Im weighting that if it takes online, I will miss this event. And for any other reasons, im thinking to defer my offer 1 year-
Original post by Anonymous

-Im weighting that if it takes online, I will miss this event. And for any other reasons, im thinking to defer my offer 1 year-

Don’t worry about it, no way Freshers goes ahead this year
Freshers could be postponed
Original post by AM_TSR
Freshers could be postponed

Even if it’s not cancelled and postponed, it’ll all be socially distanced
Reply 4
Delaying a year of uni for 1 week of hangovers? You’re better than this bro come on
Studying at university is the best place to be during a worldwide recession. What will you do if you defer your place?
Original post by Mustafa0605
Studying at university is the best place to be during a worldwide recession. What will you do if you defer your place?

How so?
Original post by Anonymous

Dunno about freshers taking place in Septemeber that would be like asking a genie for a wish.
However i do believe if there isnt a second wave or if the situation doesnt aggravate then the freshers events will take place in january perhaps.
Im sure there will definitely be parties and underground raves because students are just frankly students and young adults.
Im going to be going into second year and ive already heard some say theyre going to host house parties and stuff in Septemeber so... -shrug-
Original post by Superdrilles
How so?

It’s because studying won’t stop whether it’s online or in class, you will continue to learn and work towards achieving a degree. Sure it’s probably more fun going campus and trying societies. Meanwhile out in the real world, during and after coronavirus, there’s no job vacancies, many unemployed people so you’d probably end up wasting your time at home all year. You can’t even travel abroad on a holiday.
Reply 9
It’s because studying won’t stop whether it’s online or in class, you will continue to learn and work towarIds achieving a degree. Sure it’s probably more fun going campus and trying societies. Meanwhile out in the real world, during and after coronavirus, there’s no job vacancies, many unemployed people so you’d probably end up wasting your time at home all year. You can’t even travel abroad on a holiday.

Personally, I just think that its not worth ofr this tuition fee. If I defer, I would study online for increasing skill (cheaper than tuition fee tho)
It’s because studying won’t stop whether it’s online or in class, you will continue to learn and work towards achieving a degree. Sure it’s probably more fun going campus and trying societies. Meanwhile out in the real world, during and after coronavirus, there’s no job vacancies, many unemployed people so you’d probably end up wasting your time at home all year. You can’t even travel abroad on a holiday.

I see where you're coming from.

In my gap year i did an Arts Foundation which rendered useless as i got an unconditional offer anyways due to my a-level grades.
Some go travelling and work full time which like you said would be a waste because those things arent 100%.

Im planning on going back to my uni city early just so i can have a a chance to get a job before all the students start rushing back in.

Don't see the the point of people deferring as freshers wasnt a big thing for me and i didnt sign up to any socials [which i mildly regret] but i still had the best night outs going out almost 5 times a week and meeting new people. Im hopeful that things will get better by January which means they would only miss out on 1 term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending