The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen uni accommodation

What accommodation would people recommend for a 1st year??

I have looked at all the ones at Hillhead and also the unite students buildings, powis place, mealmarket exchange and pittodrie street
Hello,

At Unite Students Aberdeen we have a number of ambassadors across our properties who organise regular events for all students. Events are a great way to meet other students in 1st year. :u:

We also offer 1st year only flats to allow you to get to know other 1st years and experience the year together :dance: *

If you want any more information about living at Unite as a 1st year just drop us a DM :cyber:

Janine
Your Unite Aberdeen Team

*subject to availability
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by Anonymous

I have looked at all the ones at Hillhead and also the unite students buildings, powis place, mealmarket exchange and pittodrie street

I can only speak from personal experience, but I stayed at both Hillhead and at a Unite property in first year (I dropped out and re-did first year). And I definitely preferred Hillhead - by far.

It's just that it's in the prettier area of Aberdeen, right by the beach, but mostly it's that almost all the people at Hillhead are freshers as well, so everyone is new and looking for friends. It really is the perfect place to stay in first year, I think. There are also activities run by Hillhead like free yoga, etc. and there are members of staff on site whom you can talk to if you're feeling homesick for example.

I'd also recommend any other student properties like Unite, etc. but not for first years. There you're allocated flats so basically you just meet the four people you share a flat with and most of them aren't freshers, so a lot of people already have friends. It's just a completely different atmosphere in Hillhead and I'd definitely stay there again in first year.

Hope this helps a little :smile:

Also - Mealmarket Exchange is not that great; they've got the tiniest windows ever so basically the rooms are incredibly depressing because you barely get any sunlight
I can only speak from personal experience, but I stayed at both Hillhead and at a Unite property in first year (I dropped out and re-did first year). And I definitely preferred Hillhead - by far.

It's just that it's in the prettier area of Aberdeen, right by the beach, but mostly it's that almost all the people at Hillhead are freshers as well, so everyone is new and looking for friends. It really is the perfect place to stay in first year, I think. There are also activities run by Hillhead like free yoga, etc. and there are members of staff on site whom you can talk to if you're feeling homesick for example.

I'd also recommend any other student properties like Unite, etc. but not for first years. There you're allocated flats so basically you just meet the four people you share a flat with and most of them aren't freshers, so a lot of people already have friends. It's just a completely different atmosphere in Hillhead and I'd definitely stay there again in first year.

Hope this helps a little :smile:

Also - Mealmarket Exchange is not that great; they've got the tiniest windows ever so basically the rooms are incredibly depressing because you barely get any sunlight

Hi,

Thank you for recommending Unite Students Aberdeen😃

Unite Students have 8 properties in Aberdeen which are located in a close proximity to the University. We have rooms available from £78 per week and have a wide range of En-suite and Non En-suite accommodation with something suitable for everyone.

We offer first year only flats so you can enjoy a sociable first year with other freshers. We have an on-site RESLife team who offer welfare services and run regular social events which is a great way to meet new people!

We offer flexible tenancy start dates to accommodate your course start date and also take no deposit and you don’t make any payment until you move in.

If you have any questions about any of our properties, drop us an email at [email protected] or send us a DM😃

Louise
Your Unite Aberdeen Team

If you live nearby, I wouldn’t bother with Accomodation. Freshers will be cancelled and most things will be online

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending