The Student Room Group

Why do I feel like I'm ageing?

Jokes aside...

I'm a 16 year old at the end of year 11 who eats well (although sometimes skips breakfast due to a lack of appetite.)

I do not smoke nor have I ever smoked a cigarette in my life and I'm not obese or have been diagnosed with any type of health issues.

Even though I have no health problems, I haven't been feeling right for a number of months now.
I've been getting the following problems nearly everyday...

- A strong headache which causes me to blackout when I stand up
- A lack of energy even when I sleep well
- Shortness of breath, worsens after movements
- A shaking leg when I sit down
- A heavy head
- Loss of appetite nearly every day
- Abdomenal pains

I'm confused as to what these could be linked to. I would have consulted an online GP but I feel like there are some intelligent people on TSR who could have some valuable ideas.

Cheers.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If its started since lockdown it could be anxiety.
No matter how intelligent users may TSR be, it's always going to be speculation - you seriously need to consult a GP for illness this persistent.
Original post by Sameera2020
Jokes aside...

I'm a 16 year old at the end of year 11 who eats well (although sometimes skips breakfast due to a lack of appetite.)

I do not smoke nor have I ever smoked a cigarette in my life and I'm not obese or have been diagnosed with any type of health issues.

Even though I have no health problems, I haven't been feeling right for a number of months now.

- A heavy head
- Abdomenal pains

I'm confused as to what these could be linked to. I would have consulted an online GP but I feel like there's some intelligent people on TSR who could have some valuable ideas.

Cheers.

Weird concept to grasp ---I know but every day you are ACTUALLY ageing. one day closer to death! So make everyday count
Original post by Realitysreflexx
If its started since lockdown it could be anxiety.

It's started and has worsened a good few months before lockdown began, now it's becoming more consistent.
Original post by Archetypally
No matter how intelligent users may TSR be, it's always going to be speculation - you seriously need to consult a GP for illness this persistent.

I didn't want to seem dramatic so I was wondering if anyone on here had a clue about this tbh.
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Weird concept to grasp ---I know but every day you are ACTUALLY ageing. one day closer to death! So make everyday count

Depressing reality of life🤧🤧
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Jokes aside...

- A heavy head
- Abdomenal pains

I'm confused as to what these could be linked to. I would have consulted an online GP but I feel like there are some intelligent people on TSR who could have some valuable ideas.

Cheers.

Have you had a full blood test done. Could be anemia. Definitely the first thing you need done.
I take multivitamins everyday so I shouldn't have..hopefully
Reply 9
I take multivitamins everyday so I shouldn't have..hopefully

Not true for iron deficiency.
Jokes aside...

- A heavy head
- Abdomenal pains

Cheers.

Don't start using Dr. TSR /Google, you will end up with dx's ranging from diabetes to heart disease. All with prognosises ranging from near instant death to slow & painful suffering.

You probably need just need to relax.
Have you had a blood test?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by glassalice
Don't start using Dr. TSR /Google, you will end up with dx's ranging from diabetes to heart disease.
You probably need just need a blood test.

Maybe I should actually book an online consultation 👍🏻
Original post by glassalice
Don't start using Dr. TSR /Google, you will end up with dx's ranging from diabetes to heart disease. All with prognosises ranging from near instant death to slow & painful suffering.

You probably need just need to relax.
Have you had a blood test?

I've not had a blood test
You should speak to a GP. Nobody on here knows what's wrong with you, and I'm fairly confident those most likely to know (the medics) aren't allowed to tell you.
I've not had a blood test

Go get a blood test + what ever else the GP thinks is necessary.
It is probably nothing. Relax.

If it is not nothing it is likely dietery related- blood test can confirm this.
Jokes aside...

- A heavy head
- Abdomenal pains

Cheers.

I had the exact same symptoms and it turned out I was severely anaemic. You need to have a chat with your doctor about this
Original post by Fermion.
I had the exact same symptoms and it turned out I was severely anaemic. You need to have a chat with your doctor about this

Did you get muscle aches by any chance?

Looks like I shall chat to me doc :smile:
Did you get muscle aches by any chance?

Yeah I did
Yeah I did

Hmm. Thanks for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest