The Student Room Group

Will school re open to all year groups this school year

Will all year groups go back to school this school year
I think in September in the real year, but in academic year, only some x
(edited 3 years ago)
Not this term, even at primary level. Many parents I think will keep their children off school in any case.
I think it's a ridiculous idea especially as there are only 2 months left of this academic year. Even schools re-open most students won't come in. Some students can't even come on time to their online lessons, and they want us to come into school. :confused:
Original post by Jimmerm78
Will all year groups go back to school this school year

who knows they have yet re-open yet, still over a week before some years might go back

They are choosing primary school early years at first, its worth noting some reports are that young children roughly 10 and younger are very low risk and this includes extremely low risk of transmitting the virus, hence it does make sense to start with primary school children.

I suspect the summer break is approaching too fast for schools to realistically re-open more wide scale, if they don't I think teachers should be on Zoom & online platforms to provide education to students. And need to be accessible to parents & students during normal school hours via phone & email.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 5hyl33n
I think it's a ridiculous idea especially as there are only 2 months left of this academic year. Even schools re-open most students won't come in. Some students can't even come on time to their online lessons, and they want us to come into school. :confused:

I can imagine that most parents won't want their children to go in for 2 months :rip: also for the students who are taking exams next year, some teachers will off school so there's literally no point and if the timetable is significatly reduced, then online lessons may as well continue :dontknow:
Original post by Roses_Dreams
I can imagine that most parents won't want their children to go in for 2 months :rip: also for the students who are taking exams next year, some teachers will off school so there's literally no point and if the timetable is significatly reduced, then online lessons may as well continue :dontknow:

I agree! I can see some of my teachers refusing to come in - not just because it is not safe, but because some of them have been so lazy since schools have closed.
for secondary, i think yr10 and 12 will go back and everyone else in september
Original post by 5hyl33n
I agree! I can see some of my teachers refusing to come in - not just because it is not safe, but because some of them have been so lazy since schools have closed.

Before schools closed more than half of my teachers were off, and now we have online lessons barely any even bother to post :rofl: so I agree, it's not looking too bright.
Original post by Roses_Dreams
Before schools closed more than half of my teachers were off, and now we have online lessons barely any even bother to post :rofl: so I agree, it's not looking too bright.

Oh no! That sounds terrible. Good luck for your studies and hope your teachers start teaching soon!
i doubt ys 8&9 will go back til january tbh

Quick Reply

Latest