The Student Room Group

Charles University in hradec kralove

Did anyone get accepted to Charles university in Hradec Kralove???? It would be nice to connect especially with all this covid-19 crisis going on

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
U mean LFHK?
Reply 2
Yes LFHK
Reply 3
Yes I just got accepted.. I can’t seem to find any useful information from current students in HK.
Reply 4
Hi I got accepted for dentistry but I am confused should I select HK or Masaryk? Please advise if you can.
Hey guys, I got accepted as well. Is anyone thinking of attending? Where are you all from btw, we should definitely connect.
Original post by Anonymous
Did anyone get accepted to Charles university in Hradec Kralove???? It would be nice to connect especially with all this covid-19 crisis going on

heyy! yeah, i’m from dubai. where are you from?
If someone accepts the offer in LFHK pls post.

Send me a PM (I can't message you :frown:)

hey yeah i accepted the offer, where are you from?
hey yeah i accepted the offer, where are you from?

I'm from Dubai, where are you from?
Original post by Omar55555

same!
Original post by Omar55555

i sent you a pm
heyy! yeah, i’m from dubai. where are you from?

HII same i live in dubai, did u confirm your seat yet?
HII same i live in dubai, did u confirm your seat yet?

yeah i did, wbu? we should connect if you’re going there too
I also live in the UAE, I prefer LF1 over HK, so I'm going to wait, and if I don't get into LF1, I think I'd rather opt for Masaryk uni
Hey, I just received confirmation on the First Faculty Admission, I think I prefer that over Masaryk, anyone else in a similar situation?
Reply 17
I’m stuck between Masaryk and LFHK..
Although obviously HK has a higher rank, I feel like I’m more likely to pass all throughout the six years in Masaryk. Anyone attending HK here?
Original post by Na.ya
I’m stuck between Masaryk and LFHK..
Although obviously HK has a higher rank, I feel like I’m more likely to pass all throughout the six years in Masaryk. Anyone attending HK here?

I am under the same dilemma, risk the dropout at Charles, or play safe at Masaryk. However, I also got to know that the syllabus and teaching patterns are very similar between all Czech universities, and as a result, the dropouts are also nearly the same. The prestige on the other hand, of the Charles uni is very high, but I've heard it matters only within the country (not sure about it though). All the students I talked to said that the first three years in all the universities were comparatively much more difficult and the final three years are easier due to the clinical work. This means that the first three years of hard work will allow you to be successful and if you are prepared to do the hard work I believe that going to Charles University or Masaryk is not going to make too much of a difference. Also I don't mean to demoralize you or anything, But most of the HK students were pretty unsatisfied with their decision, And said that if they could go back in time they would choose Mazaryk rather than HK. Also there aren't any characteristic features of the HK University which would lead me to study there. So this is why I would prefer Mazaryk over HK, But it's completely your own decision if you feel like going to a university it would help you to stay motivated in that place. Let me know what you think or decide which university you're going to go to. Where are you from btw?
Best of luck for making a decision!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Sarthak Modh
I am under the same dilemma, risk the dropout at Charles, or play safe at Masaryk. However, I also got to know that the syllabus and teaching patterns are very similar between all Czech universities, and as a result, the dropouts are also nearly the same. The prestige on the other hand, of the Charles uni is very high, but I've heard it matters only within the country (not sure about it though). All the students I talked to said that the first three years in all the universities were comparatively much more difficult and the final three years are easier due to the clinical work. This means that the first three years of hard work will allow you to be successful and if you are prepared to do the hard work I believe that going to Charles University or Masaryk is not going to make too much of a difference. Also I don't mean to demoralize you or anything, But most of the HK students were pretty unsatisfied with their decision, And said that if they could go back in time they would choose Mazaryk rather than HK. Also there aren't any characteristic features of the HK University which would lead me to study there. So this is why I would prefer Mazaryk over HK, But it's completely your own decision if you feel like going to a university it would help you to stay motivated in that place. Let me know what you think or decide which university you're going to go to. Where are you from btw?
Best of luck for making a decision!

Yeah it's true about the ranking, it only purely matters in the Czech Republic. If you apply to the western world for a job, they probably won't know what either of the two universities are tbh. I talked to a few doctors and they said the place where you complete your medical degree (undergraduate) doesn't matter too much. No one is going to Google your university, etc and disadvantage you because let's be honest, none of these universities are going to compare to the prestige of US or UK medical universities, so it's not a big deal.

Masaryk is not safe btw, who told you that? Masaryk has one of the higher dropout rates out of all Czech universities and I can provide proof if needed (if you message me). I think only the smarter students thrive in Masaryk (likewise for Charles) whereas the average/below-average ones get dropped off. Education in general is similar across the Czech Republic like you said. You're more likely to find good reviews about Masaryk because they accept many, many more students compared to HK (and Charles in general) so I think that might be why you may have heard good reviews.

Good luck guys!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending