The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

University life and colleges?

Hi, I’m looking at wanting a superior en-suite but unsure of which college to apply for. I want it to be quite lively, but not close to my lectures. I don’t know if it goes off interests or anything but I enjoy sports and do like to go out a lot.

I have applied for English language and linguistics, if that matters as well

Any help would be appreciated

Ellie
I would recommend Pendle West or Fylde (mostly Pendle) for a room that meets your description. It may still be relatively close to some of your lectures but they're spread out so they may or may not be too close. Cartmel is further from lectures but, imo, offers a less social and lively atmosphere than Pendle.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by ellie.b28
Hi, I’m looking at wanting a superior en-suite but unsure of which college to apply for. I want it to be quite lively, but not close to my lectures. I don’t know if it goes off interests or anything but I enjoy sports and do like to go out a lot.

I have applied for English language and linguistics, if that matters as well

Any help would be appreciated

Ellie

Hi Ellie,

I'm a first-year student at Lancaster.

Superior en-suite accommodation is offered across all the colleges. Your departmental building is on North Campus, but lectures for any subject can be anywhere on campus, really.

I would recommend perhaps Fylde or Grizedale? Both are on the main campus, but it would be about a 10-15 minute walk to the centre of campus. Both are larger colleges and are extremely sociable - and Fylde, with the main sports bar, may also be towards your taste as well! You can find more information about them here and here.

However, all of the colleges do offer college sports teams, so that may be something that interests you, and may be worth considering. For example, I'm in the Cartmel college netball club. If you want a bit of a walk to your lectures, it would be worth looking more towards South/South West campus colleges (Pendle, Lonsdale and Cartmel), which do have a mixture of lively and quieter people too!

If you have any more questions about university life, I'd be happy to help!

Maria :smile:
1st year English Literature, Creative Writing and Practice (placement year)

Quick Reply

Latest