The Student Room Group

AMA: visually impaired teen

Ask me anything?

Scroll to see replies

Do you have to use assistive technology on TSR?
yes i use a screenreader and magnification
Original post by bomby58
Ask me anything?

Do you have severe myopia (nearsightedness)?
yes and about 7 other eye conditions
Original post by bomby58
Ask me anything?

How old are you?
Have you ever been able to see 'normally'?
Original post by bomby58
yes and about 7 other eye conditions

Do you wear thick glasses?
yes
Original post by bomby58
yes

I'm 16 too and it's looks like I'll be having thick glasses too as -3.75 in right eye and -3.25 in left eye.
Original post by glassalice
Have you ever been able to see 'normally'?

no
Original post by bomby58
no

If you could take a pill that would allow you to see 'normally' forever, would you take it?
If you could take a pill that would allow you to see 'normally' forever, would you take it?

no. im so used to living with very little sight that i wouldnt want full sight
Do you go to a mainstream school/ college? Would you like to go to uni? What would you like to study?
Do you go to a mainstream school/ college? Would you like to go to uni? What would you like to study?

yes i go to a mainstream school with lots of adjustments and support and i would like to go to uni and do a degree in ethier buisness, marine biology or history
Original post by bomby58
yes i go to a mainstream school with lots of adjustments and support and i would like to go to uni and do a degree in ethier buisness, marine biology or history

Your eyes would like to do business.
Original post by Gundabad(good)
Your eyes would like to do business.

lol
Original post by Gundabad(good)
I'm 16 too and it's looks like I'll be having thick glasses too as -3.75 in right eye and -3.25 in left eye.

hey that's My exact eye prescriptions and I don't have thick glasses, only when u get to like - 6
Original post by Ineedtostudy4002
hey that's My exact eye prescriptions and I don't have thick glasses, only when u get to like - 6

Apparently, at -3 is when the thickness of your glasses becomes noticeable. At -6, is when you should get them thinned out.

Quick Reply

Latest