The Student Room Group

15 year old wants to be my girlfriend. What do I do?

Hey everyone an all

I’m a 17 year old guy in year 12 and have been good mates with a girl in year 10 since she joined my old secondary school. We enjoy spending time as mates but recently she texted me on snap confessing her feelings to me. She also FaceTimed me to prove she’s being for real. I didn’t freak out as not to be rude and told her I’ll need some time to think. I’m not sure what to do. On the one hand she is a good person with a good personality and she’s fairly cute, but on the other hand, I’m not sure if this will make me a nonce or a pedo I’ve asked a couple of mates and they say that 17 year olds can date girls who are 15 and up, basically saying it’s ok but I’m sceptical. What would you do if you were in my situation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
if you turn 18 and she's still 15 it doesn't look good mate..
Reply 2
Original post by ANM775
if you turn 18 and she's still 15 it doesn't look good mate..

And what if she’s 16 and I’m 19? Our birthday dates in the year is 3 months apart ?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
And what if she’s 16 and I’m 19? Our birthday dates in the year is 3 months apart ?

she'd be legal at least

but 15 and 18 really don't look good...
Just politely say no.
Reply 5
Tbh it’s up to you. I would normally say age doesn’t matter but when it comes in between studies, there’s always gonna be an issue as you will be in different stages of your life.
Lol, my 15 year old classmate (girl) dated boy who was 18. My sister was 18 and was dating 28 year old. Another my classmate (14) dated guy who was 17/18. I see no issue with 15 year old dating 17 year old as long as you are both okay with that... Especially if you get together in high school. Like, if you want to date her, just go for it. You are what, 2 or 3 years apart? That's nothing and it definitely doesn't make you pedofile. You can't be a pedofile if you are not even an adult yet. And she is 15. As long as you are not 30+ you are not a pedofile in my opinion.
Reply 7
Original post by Catsarepurrfect
You can't be a pedofile if you are not even an adult yet. And she is 15. As long as you are not 30+ you are not a pedofile in my opinion.

You can actually if you are >5 years older than the person.

and please learn the correct spelling of the word, or at least try to get it somewhat close
Original post by ANM775
You can actually if you are >5 years older than the person.

and please learn the correct spelling of the word, or at least try to get it somewhat close

I am deeply sorry for not getting the spelling right in my second language. I don't mind when someone corrects my mistakes, but please, i am sure you can be a bit nicer about it.

I was referring to his situation concretely. Looking back on it, i definitely could have worded it better, no wonder you misunderstood what i wanted to say. I am aware that you can be a pedophile even when you are underage, but i meant that if she is 15 and he is only 17, he cannot be a pedophile.

If you spot any mistakes, feel free to let me know, i am always happy to improve my. English.
lol how are we supposed to know. Go with what you want
Original post by barnetlad
Just politely say no.

Should find a 30 year old instead? They should be at similar stages of life both being adults.
(edited 3 years ago)
You must politely say no.
At 15, she is still deemed as a minor, which could potentially be a world of trouble for you.
16, is deemed as the legal age in the UK.
Do the right thing for the time being and say no.
Reply 12
"No" is a funny word :rolleyes:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
"No" is a funny word :rolleyes:

Very true Hun.
16 and 18 fine, 15 and 18 bit weird
she's underage, it would be illegal and you can't really have a relationship with being in lockdown anyway so what's the point? It's best to stay friends until she is old enough
Be careful until she becomes 18, perhaps you could be serious as such at 17 but no sexual relations till she is officially an adult at 18. I would give it a miss and let her age a bit.
keep telling her you need time to think until it's her birthday :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by J Zonda
keep telling her you need time to think until it's her birthday :smile:

😂😂😂
Original post by DudeinSolna
Be careful until she becomes 18, perhaps you could be serious as such at 17 but no sexual relations till she is officially an adult at 18. I would give it a miss and let her age a bit.

16 is an adult in the UK, Canada, and most US states.

I was born in 1989 and still hook up with 17 year olds lol...

Latest

Trending

Trending