The Student Room Group

Having depression is not a excuse to be horrible to people

why do so many people who have depression think it's okay to treat people like **** then use the "depression card" when they get confronted about how they are treating people

alot of people have a difficult/non-easy life and have or will at some point get depression or other mental illness.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Even if they're "treating people like ****", you can still be kind to them.
Original post by AM_TSR

True that.
Reply 3
Original post by TheArchitect365
why do so many people who have depression think it's okay to treat people like sh!t then use the "depression card" when they get confronted about how they are treating people

reality is that 99% of people have a difficult/non-easy life and have or will at some point get depression or other mental illness.

yess it is, sue me. you want another fake debate huh?
reality is that 99% of people have a difficult/non-easy life and have or will at some point get depression or other mental illness.

Where did you get that statistic from? Your arse?
Reply 5
Original post by AM_TSR

I, personally, believe there's a limit to how "kind" you can be "to them." If you're continuously kind, they could see it as a useful 'tool' and take advantage of your kindness. Obviously, I'm assuming that specific person has a 'bad' side to them. You have to keep in mind, some people aren't nice in this world, and if they're suffering from depression, for example, try to empathise with them, but as I said within a limit. However, if they're good and moral people, of course be nice to them and empathise with them.
Original post by Ciel.

smoking is bad for you
Original post by Ciel.

if thats what you believe, if you treat me bad then I will punch you straight in your mouth . Im not going to get treated bad then just take it lol
Reply 8
if thats what you believe, if you treat me bad then I will punch you straight in your mouth . Im not going to get treated bad then just take it lol

i remember your previous nasty thread. you don't actually care what people think. you just want to 'test your debating skills' huh? well, they're ****.

Jesus Christ, that escalated quickly 😂
this reminds me of a @realityrelexx thread lol
very original OP
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by AM_TSR
Jesus Christ, that escalated quickly 😂

you know people can develop depression from getting treated bad by otheres right? this guy thinks he can make others feel like **** just because he/she does .horrible mentality
Reply 12
you know people can develop depression from getting treated bad by otheres right? this guy thinks he can make others feel like **** just because he/she does .horrible mentality

at least i don't sympathise with rapists, like you love to do
"reality is that 99% of people have a difficult/non-easy life and have or will at some point get depression or other mental illness."

That is not true. Yes people may struggle with life but feeling awful once in a while is most certainly not depression. I would be careful how you use that term, as you do not know how to use it appropriately
Original post by DiddyDec
Where did you get that statistic from? Your arse?

I'd have to agree with you on that :smile:
why do so many people who have depression think it's okay to treat people like sh!t then use the "depression card" when they get confronted about how they are treating people

Yes you are absolutely correct having depression is not to taken granted for such peoples, Everyone with this problem should understand and stay calm as even normal people get hurt because of there behavior.
Original post by Moonbow
"reality is that 99% of people have a difficult/non-easy life and have or will at some point get depression or other mental illness."

That is not true. Yes people may struggle with life but feeling awful once in a while is most certainly not depression. I would be careful how you use that term, as you do not know how to use it appropriately

yes to be fair that was a bit of a mistake on my part , ill change that as its false information. I was just trying to get the point across that not everyone BUT yourself has a easy life
why do so many people who have depression think it's okay to treat people like **** then use the "depression card" when they get confronted about how they are treating people

Do you have much experience with depression?

Do you have any evidence to suggest it is "so many people"?
yes to be fair that was a bit of a mistake on my part , ill change that as its false information. I was just trying to get the point across that not everyone BUT yourself has a easy life.

I get that you probably exaggerated as a result of being annoyed when posting, as long as you change it that's fine with me :smile:
Original post by DiddyDec
Do you have much experience with depression?

Do you have any evidence to suggest it is "so many people"?

I have been sad for a few weeks due to events that happend years ago but i wouldn't consider myself depressed.
I have been friends with people who showed all the signs of depression and it seems they change during conversation and will take every oppotunity to offend someone

Quick Reply

Latest