The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer August 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Just got the reserve list email too! Fingers crossed something comes up soon. Congrats to all!😊
Reply 41
Ahh congrats to all! Does anyone know what the scores were marked out of?
Reply 42
Reply 43

Thank you :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Stu76
I got put the email I had met the standard, but put on the reserve list....maybe due to location options?? but is did say I would consider anywhere? when they first swapped it over my mine changed to say "project august" but since then its changed again?? guess they're just playing around with it?? mine just says "Application being reviewed" thats how you know your still on reserve list? unless you tell them otherwise.....I have an AC for the HMRC TSP, so may at least get an offer from that before any movement on this??

Hi there..re "reserve list" Have you had an interview yet? Or was that the email we all got after the online assessments?
Reply 45
Original post by Mjb.
Hi there..re "reserve list" Have you had an interview yet? Or was that the email we all got after the online assessments?

yes, just after online tests.....guessing there's actually little chance of getting anything from there now?? so just thinking of pulling the application??
Reply 46
Original post by Stu76
yes, just after online tests.....guessing there's actually little chance of getting anything from there now?? so just thinking of pulling the application??

Hi there
I've had my interview in January and got email recently to say i had met required Standard and was now on reserve list until further posts were available. But that was for Belfast area. What locations are you waiting on. To be honest i wouldn't pull application..its doing no harm sitting on file..you may regret it later
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by Mjb.
Hi there
I've had my interview in January and got email recently to say i had met required Standard and was now on reserve list until further posts were available. But that was for Belfast area. What locations are you waiting on. To be honest i would pull application..its doing no harm sitting on file..you may regret it later

I am on the reserve list after initial application, so got the email "you have met the requirement, you will be placed on the reserve list for 12 months". So NOT had an interview or know what if there's actually any chance of getting one?? the portal keeps changing titles?? so don't know what thats all about?
when they changed to the new system in changed to "project August" and now its changed to just the generic....
Reply 48
Original post by Stu76
I am on the reserve list after initial application, so got the email "you have met the requirement, you will be placed on the reserve list for 12 months". So NOT had an interview or know what if there's actually any chance of getting one?? the portal keeps changing titles?? so don't know what thats all about?
when they changed to the new system in changed to "project August" and now its changed to just the generic....

I'm not reading too much into title changes..as long as main job title and ref stays the same. The system is going through a lot of updates and im sure Brexit has influenced the recruitment processes too. Stay positive.
Reply 49
Original post by AAR97
Hey guys, anyone had any movement?

Only seen this! I emailed recruitment today to see if they could shed any light on the situation, hopefully when the worst of covid blows over we will have a better picture! I applied for Belfast tho just on reserve
Reply 50
Original post by Keeya123
Only seen this! I emailed recruitment today to see if they could shed any light on the situation, hopefully when the worst of covid blows over we will have a better picture! I applied for Belfast tho just on reserve

Hi ya
If you go onto the different discussion thread titled Reserve list Border Force you will get all the answers you need. Recruitment off Belfast list started on 21st. Seems to be those with scores of 34 up...I'll have a long wait!
Reply 51
Original post by Mjb.
Hi ya
If you go onto the different discussion thread titled Reserve list Border Force you will get all the answers you need. Recruitment off Belfast list started on 21st. Seems to be those with scores of 34 up...I'll have a long wait!

My overall was 34 but heard nothing?
Reply 52

Have you the thread?
Reply 53
Original post by Mjb.
Hi ya

Have you the thread?
Reply 54
Original post by Ht9622
I too got on the reserve list! Hasn’t mentioned any dates as such just showing my interview scores. Well done :smile:

Have you heard anything since?
Reply 55

There will be a set amount of places on each course.I have no clue how the applicants are placed if loads sitting with 34. They must have a system. I wouldn't worry. If they contact folk with less in the future and not you then I'd ask questions. Its a long waiting game from what I see from other threads. Well done on that score
Reply 56
Original post by Mjb.
There will be a set amount of places on each course.I have no clue how the applicants are placed if loads sitting with 34. They must have a system. I wouldn't worry. If they contact folk with less in the future and not you then I'd ask questions. Its a long waiting game from what I see from other threads. Well done on that score

Haha apologies for the sheer panic! I had missed calls from an unknown number last week so was wondering did I mess up and miss my chance! I suppose this is just teaching us all how to be a little bit more patient! Good luck, hope we both hear back soon!
Reply 57
Haha apologies for the sheer panic! I had missed calls from an unknown number last week so was wondering did I mess up and miss my chance! I suppose this is just teaching us all how to be a little bit more patient! Good luck, hope we both hear back soon!

😁😁 Everyone offered a post I believe has received emails for Belfast. Just keep an eye on the "junk" emails. Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by Mjb.
😁😁 Everyone I believe has received emails for Belfast. Just keep an eye on the "junk" emails. Good luck!

OMG no way have you just???
Reply 59
OMG no way have you just???

No..sorry not what i meant.
Everyone that has been offered a post got the offer thru an email last week. You had asked on another thread if folk were getting calls or emails
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending