The Student Room Group

Been living with my boyfriend since this lockdown

I’ve been living with my boyfriend since this lockdown and it’s been one of the best times ever. Seeing him everyday is great. It’s going to be such a huge adjustment after lockdown lifts as realistically I still live with my parents. I’m not old enough to leave my parents and I don’t want to either but it’s going to be such a hard change after this lockdown.

What do I do?
Reply 1
How old are you and who do you live with right now?
Reply 2
Original post by Bio 7
How old are you and who do you live with right now?

I’m 18 and realistically still live with my parents
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 18 and realistically still live with my parents

I meant to ask who you're with with your boyfriend. His parents or is he on his own?
Reply 4
Original post by Bio 7
I meant to ask who you're with with your boyfriend. His parents or is he on his own?

Oh. His own
Reply 5
So if you dont want to live with him, dont live with him? Seems like the obvious decision.
Reply 6
Oh. His own

Not planning on moving in with him anytime soon then.
Reply 7
I know I don’t want to move in. I was just saying it’s a going to be a hard adjustment as we see each other all the time now and when things go back to normal. It’ll be just weekends as we live quite far from each other. And I’m not good with big changes
Get married and live together.
:biggrin:
time heals everything - see how you feel about it when lockdowns over and then review it again.
Original post by Sam.C.Mat
Get married and live together.
:biggrin:

Too young for that
Original post by yzanne
time heals everything - see how you feel about it when lockdowns over and then review it again.

Yeah that seems like the more logical thing to do. Thanks 😊
I know I don’t want to move in. I was just saying it’s a going to be a hard adjustment as we see each other all the time now and when things go back to normal. It’ll be just weekends as we live quite far from each other. And I’m not good with big changes

Ok. And?

You adjusted to the change of living with him. You'll adjust to living without him.

I'm struggling to see the point of this thread :dontknow:
Too young for that

Why?
It's not the answer for everyone, but some of the happiest couples I've known are the ones who got married youngest.
Original post by Drewski
Ok. And?

You adjusted to the change of living with him. You'll adjust to living without him.

I'm struggling to see the point of this thread :dontknow:

It was really hard to adjust to that. Spent maybe the first month struggling to come to terms with it and now I have. It’s only the matter of time before going home and it’s adjusting again
It was really hard to adjust to that.

But you did.

And you'll be going back to what was your normal.
Original post by Sam.C.Mat
Why?
It's not the answer for everyone, but some of the happiest couples I've known are the ones who got married youngest.

I guess I have a certain time line on how I want my life to turn out
I was kind of hoping to find someone else in my situation

Slightly different situation but I can relate.
Relationship of almost 4 years, lived together at uni and then suddenly had to move home due to Covid, I haven’t seen him properly since March.

I’m not going to sugar coat it, it’s difficult not seeing him as much as I’d like. My advice it to make an effort to be intimate with eachother beyond the times you see eachother IRL.

FaceTime and dinner together, watch things together at the same time. (BBC IPlayer have this thing called BBC together where you can stream stuff at the same time.)

good luck. I wish you and your boyfriend the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending