The Student Room Group

Good French Films

Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendations of some good French films? I'm doing GCSE French at the minute, so nothing too difficult!
Thanks! :smile: x
Intouchables, a film about an unlikely friendship between a young Black man from the banlieu and a wealthy, older recently disabled White man is a feelgood modern French classic (warning: the French is quite slangy, but it should be very accessible with subtitles) :smile:
If you like that, there’s a nice list of big-hit modern French comedies here: https://french-iceberg.com/french-comedy-movies/ - most recent comedyish films should be fairly comprehensible with subtitles!

Hope that was helpful :smile:
I like Amélie
Original post by becausethenight
Intouchables, a film about an unlikely friendship between a young Black man from the banlieu and a wealthy, older recently disabled White man is a feelgood modern French classic (warning: the French is quite slangy, but it should be very accessible with subtitles) :smile:
If you like that, there’s a nice list of big-hit modern French comedies here: https://french-iceberg.com/french-comedy-movies/ - most recent comedyish films should be fairly comprehensible with subtitles!

Hope that was helpful :smile:

Thanks, I will look at that now. :h:
Les choristes, he loves me he loves me not and beautiful lies
Original post by stereotypeasian
I like Amélie

I've already watched that :colondollar:
Any more suggestions? :smile:
Reply 6
Deux Jours Une Nuit

Oh, and Il a deja tes yeux
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
The English title of it is Private Fears in Public Spaces, its French title is Coeurs. It's quite good.
La Haine's my favourite. Don't know if it's good for study though
I agree that Les Choristes was pretty decent
Delicatessen
Manon des sources & Jean de Florette
Original post by Toki the Dumdum
La Haine's my favourite. Don't know if it's good for study though

i'd second that.

la haine is so dramatic - it's about 3 teenagers in the 'ghetto' of paris, where you see a day in their life and all the violence and nothingness that it entails.
Are any of these on YouTube? If so which ones? My parents won't let me have Netflix so YouTube's the best i can do.
Original post by Jeparlepas
Are any of these on YouTube? If so which ones? My parents won't let me have Netflix so YouTube's the best i can do.

Le Mepris is on YouTube - that's one from the Sixties if you wanna watch a film by the god himself, Jean-Luc Godard.
I'm pretty sure you can also find Amelie on YouTube.
I love La Famille Belier :smile: I think it's on youtube, too.
Les diner des cons. Really funny.

They tried to do an American re-make but sh*t flopped and was nowhere as good as the French version.
I agree that Les Choristes was pretty decent

Yes it was :h:

Les Choristes is on YouTube, I strongly recommend it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending