The Student Room Group

Do I have cancer ?

I have very irregular periods already and I missed mine for about 3 months then I got one and I’ve been on my period for about 2 months I’ve looked up a lot of stuff and it says I might have uterus bleeding due to an imbalance of hormones but then lots of stuff keep coming up about cancer..I’m petrified someone help(I’m also not sexually active)

Scroll to see replies

If you search on google the worst things will pop up. But then again, if you feel suspicious you should definitely go see/talk to your gynecologist
Reply 2
There is a low chance that its cancer. It is probably something else.
3 months is too much though, so I highly suggest you call your GP.
Original post by unknown004
I have very irregular periods already and I missed mine for about 3 months then I got one and I’ve been on my period for about 2 months I’ve looked up a lot of stuff and it says I might have uterus bleeding due to an imbalance of hormones but then lots of stuff keep coming up about cancer..I’m petrified someone help(I’m also not sexually active)

Incredibly unlikely. You don't give your age but guessing you are young. Anxiety makes things worse. Book a gp appointment. I am a cancer nurse by the way
It's more likely to be something like PCOS than reproductive cancers especially at a young age. If you go to the GP they will be able to test you with an ultrasounds and a blood test :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Incredibly unlikely. You don't give your age but guessing you are young. Anxiety makes things worse. Book a gp appointment. I am a cancer nurse by the way

I have extremely bad anxiety and my niece and nephew just got diagnosed with cancer today as well so I’m a bit all over the place. I am 16 so quite young thank you so much I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow
Reply 6
Original post by CoolCavy
It's more likely to be something like PCOS than reproductive cancers especially at a young age. If you go to the GP they will be able to test you with an ultrasounds and a blood test :smile:

Okay thank you so much for replying, I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow so fingers crossed it’s just something like PCOS 🙂
Reply 7
Original post by imaniii
If you search on google the worst things will pop up. But then again, if you feel suspicious you should definitely go see/talk to your gynecologist

That’s very true actually, I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow to be safe. Thank you 🙂
google is dodgy when you google anything medical lol. when i had a long nosebleed it said i might have cancer but that's just the worst case scenario. it's very rare dw about it
I have extremely bad anxiety and my niece and nephew just got diagnosed with cancer today as well so I’m a bit all over the place. I am 16 so quite young thank you so much I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow

What cancer have your niece and nephew. ? A leukaemia?
What cancer have your niece and nephew. ? A leukaemia?

My niece has Bone cancer 9 years old and then my nephew 5 years old has this extremely rare cancer in his Bowles I think that about only 2 people in UK have which is why he’s on trail medicines and chemo etc
Original post by rxyaltyx
google is dodgy when you google anything medical lol. when i had a long nosebleed it said i might have cancer but that's just the worst case scenario. it's very rare dw about it

Ikr google always comes up with cancer, thank you I’ll try not to worry x
That’s very true actually, I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow to be safe. Thank you 🙂

You’re welcome and don’t worry I’m sure everything will be fine☺️☺️
Okay thank you so much for replying, I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow so fingers crossed it’s just something like PCOS 🙂

:hugs: hope it goes well :smile:
If you need any advice or help about PCOS feel free to tag me as i unfortunately have too much experience with it
My niece has Bone cancer 9 years old and then my nephew 5 years old has this extremely rare cancer in his Bowles I think that about only 2 people in UK have which is why he’s on trail medicines and chemo etc

That's incredibly young :cry: I send you my best regard . It is absolutely devestating
Original post by CoolCavy
:hugs: hope it goes well :smile:
If you need any advice or help about PCOS feel free to tag me as i unfortunately have too much experience with it

I will do, thank you so much for your support it’s appreciated a lot :smile:
Original post by Anonymous1502
That's incredibly young :cry: I send you my best regard . It is absolutely devestating

Yeah, quite unlucky I guess but thank you. Best wishes :smile:

You are unlikely to have cancer. Niece and nephew not close enough for genetics
You are unlikely to have cancer. Niece and nephew not close enough for genetics

That makes me feel a lot better. I just want to be off my period though such a long time, I wonder what’s wrong with me haha
Tbh, for your mental health if you are ever concerned about something going on, don't go on Google first. Consult your doctor.

Good luck to you and I hope your niece and nephew recover.

Quick Reply

Latest