The Student Room Group

Netflix is trash

No offense, but nearly every movie on netflix is crap, and most tv shows are over advertised and too low budget

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ehh I don’t really watch it much
I have a different opinion: the movies I watched on Netflix were good. Did not discover a bad one so far.
Reply 3
I'm actually only on it for certain things like kdramas. I dont watch the rest of the crap on it.
I agree lol
I tried netflix for the trial but honestly i couldnt stick with it. The layout is abysmal, i dont need huge posters of each film/TV programme i want to see information about it (yes i know you can roll over it but it doesnt give you much).
It's really hard to search and is catered to really popular things like game of thrones, 13 reasons why etc which i have no interest in. I like military documentaries and most of the ones netflix has are sensationalist american ones.
Narcos season 1 & 2 were pretty good, stopped using it after that though.
Reply 7
Totally😴
Original post by tae155
I'm actually only on it for certain things like kdramas. I dont watch the rest of the crap on it.

Kdramas exist on Netflix? which ones? some names would be nice. I am interest in them for a while and would like to try those out.
Reply 9
Original post by Kallisto
Kdramas exist on Netflix? which ones? some names would be nice. I am interest in them for a while and would like to try those ou

yh loads. my faves include strong girl bong soon, w:two worlds apart, my id is gangnam beauty, romance is a bonus book, descendants of the sun, love alarm, persona (idk if ur into kpop but IU is in it) and crash landing on u. there are any more
Use a proxy, change your location to America or Canada and you'll get a lot better shows/movies.
Agreed. In total, I spend more time looking for a decent tv show/movie than actually watching them...
Original post by ghhhhhhhhhh
No offense, but nearly every movie on netflix is crap, and most tv shows are over advertised and too low budget

I agree. Used to be worse in the couple years it first came out tho
i've watched plenty of stuff on there, it's hit and miss but i have enjoyed 95% of the things i've watched. you've just got to hunt down the hidden gems.
never have i ever, i am not okay with this, atypical, one day at a time, stranger things, money heist, elite, sex education, when they see us, 3%, daredevil and you are some of the stuff (netflix originals) i've watched on there. i tend to find the tv shows they offer are better than the movies.
(edited 3 years ago)
most of it is ****
Original post by ghhhhhhhhhh

Not true, some are blockbusters. Though I'll admit they do upload some crap films, but some may enjoy them. You're entitled to your opinion, but be prepared to receive backlash.

I use Amazon Prime Video, which is good enough, but it is a con that you still have to pay extra for some titles.
I see the same crap trending every week on Netflix. I've given up on it. I'd recommend Amazon Prime though. Quite a lot of good varieties on that app.
Original post by tae155
yh loads. my faves include strong girl bong soon, w:two worlds apart, my id is gangnam beauty, romance is a bonus book, descendants of the sun, love alarm, persona (idk if ur into kpop but IU is in it) and crash landing on u. there are any more

Very true. Just typed the word 'kdrama' in the search field and voilá, I got so many of them, more than I expected. That might be the begin of a new passion.
Original post by Kallisto
Kdramas exist on Netflix? which ones? some names would be nice. I am interest in them for a while and would like to try those out.

You need to use proxy/vpn. If you are into action, Healer, K2, Rugal

Quick Reply

Latest