The Student Room Group

I don't know if I should give my sister my kid

I have 5 siblings and out of all of us im the only one thats a match.
Should I give it to her? dI you think we'll both be OK with just one?
Can you give us more context...?
Original post by Fermion.
Can you give us more context...?

I think they mean a kidney
Sorry I meant kidney
Original post by Jones448
I think they mean a kidney

This post doesn't really make much sense, but thanks to your reply, it does.
Reply 5
Original post by Whenyoumoveon
I have 5 siblings and out of all of us im the only one thats a match.
Should I give it to her? dI you think we'll both be OK with just one?

Yes. As long as you don't have any background health issues, definitely do that. Donating a kidney is perhaps the most charitable thing you can do in the world. You're an amazing person just for thinking about doing it!
I wish I had the guts (no pun intended) to do it. I've not had the courage to do anything other than blood donation :/
Sorry I meant kidney

Giving someone your kidney sounds like a very kind gesture, but ultimately it can have bad effects. Though the choice lies in only your hands.
personally I wouldn't do it. I know people say it's the best thing to do but please consider it first don't feel pressured by anyone in your family to go and give your kidney.

It's your kidney at the end of the day and also look into all the medical downsides to only having one kidney. I say that not to dishearten you but to make you aware of all the ups and downs
You can live with only one kidney as the one left increases in size to accommodate for the loss of the other one.
Original post by Astatos
Yes. As long as you don't have any background health issues, definitely do that. Donating a kidney is perhaps the most charitable thing you can do in the world. You're an amazing person just for thinking about doing it!
I wish I had the guts (no pun intended) to do it. I've not had the courage to do anything other than blood donation :/

Ty for your response and thanks for not being rude like all the people on reddit
Original post by The Lighthouse
Giving someone your kidney sounds like a very kind gesture, but ultimately it can have bad effects. Though the choice lies in only your hands.

Yeah, I mean, I am definitely going to join the register of people agreeing to donate their organs after death, but I am not sure about donating a kidney in your lifetime... You know, there's a reason why God made us with 2 eyes, 2 ears, 2 kidneys, 2 testes, 2 hands etc... Many things can go horribly wrong in one's body and that's why you need the reserve organ
But tbh, maybe I wouldn't give a kidney to a stranger in my lifetime but I'd defo give it if it was my SIBLING
Sorry I meant kidney

You can live on one kidney. Ultimately it's your choice. But the fact you're having to ask on a student forum signifies that you don't want to or aren't ready to.
Original post by Anonymous
personally I wouldn't do it. I know people say it's the best thing to do but please consider it first don't feel pressured by anyone in your family to go and give your kidney.

It's your kidney at the end of the day and also look into all the medical downsides to only having one kidney. I say that not to dishearten you but to make you aware of all the ups and downs

Original post by DiddyDec
You can live with only one kidney as the one left increases in size to accommodate for the loss of the other one.

Ty both

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending