The Student Room Group

God (If he exists) saved me by making me sick

He saved me from bullying (which was getting worse) and from 9 grand debt at uni by making me sick for life and that forced me out of A levels after first year, forced me out of A levels and education altogether. He saved me from wasting my time at uni because in the end uni is mostly a waste of time and money because you may not get the job you want that you got a degree in. Anyone else ever think like this when bad things happen to you?

Scroll to see replies

no
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
no

Regardless, bad things happen to save you from other bad things, there’s always a good reason for why bad things happen.
no i dont believe in god.
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
no

Maybe it happened because I won’t be able to handle A levels past February (which is when it got too much) and the workload at uni would be impossible
:K:
Original post by Anonymous
He saved me from bullying (which was getting worse) and from 9 grand debt at uni by making me sick for life and that forced me out of A levels after first year, forced me out of A levels and education altogether. He saved me from wasting my time at uni because in the end uni is mostly a waste of time and money because you may not get the job you want that you got a degree in. Anyone else ever think like this when bad things happen to you?

Many people do degrees for the subject interest and enjoyment.

There's no evidence that a god even exists, let alone that they ever affect anything on Earth.
Reply 7
Original post by RogerOxon
Many people do degrees for the subject interest and enjoyment.

There's no evidence that a god even exists, let alone that they ever affect anything on Earth.

Whatever, everything happens for the best/for a reason.
Reply 8
Nothing happens for a devine reason it only to do with biology, people and just the way the world works.
Reply 9
Uh, okay.

Good luck?
What do you mean, switch answers?

Evidence? Didn't think so.
I dont believe in fate but I do sometimes like being optimistic when things seem to go wrong at first.

But punishing you with illness for life? That’s not benevolent in any regards. It’s life changing!
Evidence? Didn't think so.

Even if there isn’t a God, maybe there is a good reason why we can’t do/didn’t get to do things in life, like for example we don’t have the mental capacity that we thought we did to study at a higher level so you try and it goes wrong and then leave, you find another route to be successful, an easier route. You didn’t leave for a bad reason/not getting what you want out of life or getting to do what you want to do is not a bad thing. I used to see it as a negative thing before but I just came to realise that I am not clever enough and I accepted that.
Even if there isn’t a God, maybe there is a good reason why we can’t do/didn’t get to do things in life, like for example we don’t have the mental capacity that we thought we did to study at a higher level so you try and it goes wrong and then leave, you find another route to be successful, an easier route. You didn’t leave for a bad reason/not getting what you want out of life or getting to do what you want to do is not a bad thing. I used to see it as a negative thing before but I just came to realise that I am not clever enough and I accepted that.

To borrow an example, bone cancer in children. What's the "good reason" for that?
This is a pretty effective coping mechanism and not much beyond that. It certainly isn't evidence of god.
Regardless, bad things happen to save you from other bad things, there’s always a good reason for why bad things happen.

so like when someone is hit by a car and dies, they were really saved from being hit by a lorry?
To borrow an example, bone cancer in children. What's the "good reason" for that?

To make you stronger? Illness makes you stronger. Obviously not everyone survives this kind of stuff but most do bounce back.

I like to believe in the multiverse theory. Time is a river and it the multiverse each branch is exists in its own domain. So if you have a bad thing happen, you know that there’s always a branch away that you can take. :wink:
Slightly controversial but you know?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending