The Student Room Group

Not moving up -- bullying

I work for an organisation where I keep seeing people who are less qualified being promoted.

I have a master's and I have years of experience. But I can't get ahead.

I have autism and a low IQ. I was in a team where I was being bullied with someone changing their desktop background to wind me up and a lot of disability discrimination.

I was dumped into a team that was going to be disbanded the following year as a way to get rid me and was not given any interview support.

I haven't managed to find a promotion as a result..

HR have discouraged me to put in a complaint
Reply 1
anyone
Reply 2
Don’t fret! You will get your chance to be promoted, and if you don’t feel valued, maybe try looking elsewhere to where you are :smile:
Reply 3
What do you think I should do? Leave...
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
What do you think I should do? Leave...

I think you should do what you feel most comfortable with, but don’t put up with being pushed over :h:
Reply 5
feel like an idiot
Reply 6
Original post by Moonbow
I think you should do what you feel most comfortable with, but don’t put up with being pushed over :h:

The problem is is that my organisation is really hierarchy and the fact that I have been starved at the moment for almost 3 years has had a negative impact my career progression. Bascally,t means I have to start from scratch.
Reply 7
I work for an organisation where I keep seeing people who are less qualified being promoted.

I have a master's and I have years of experience. But I can't get ahead.

I have autism and a low IQ. I was in a team where I was being bullied with someone changing their desktop background to wind me up and a lot of disability discrimination.

I was dumped into a team that was going to be disbanded the following year as a way to get rid me and was not given any interview support.

I haven't managed to find a promotion as a result..

HR have discouraged me to put in a complaint

you blamed your skin colour in your other thread. now you're blaming autism? maybe the job just isn't for you.
Reply 8
Original post by Ciel.
you blamed your skin colour in your other thread. now you're blaming autism? maybe the job just isn't for you.

Yes maybe progression isnt for me
if you have a autism diagnosis you are disabled under the equality act. I cannot really see how you can have low intelligence and a masters and unless you have been assessed by a full wais assessment or similar test by a clinical psychologist with autism expertise it is unlikely you have an accurate assessment of IQ as it is really difficult to measure in autism.Autism plus in yorkshire and northeast offer support and expertise in assisting in difficulties with employment and there are similar organisations in most areas .The barrier caused by the differences in behavior created by the different way those with autism think is a well recognised problem with getting employment and progressing as is covered by the equality act. Do not be put of raising a grievance if and decrimination infact you may already have done so .The ACAS advice says if you have raised it with HR then they should have accepted as a grievance and investigated.discouraging you would likely be looked on as discrimination if they are aware you are autistic and you have raised a discrimination issue which they have a duty to protect you from and failed to investigate how can they have protected you ?.
The problem is is that my organisation is really hierarchy and the fact that I have been starved at the moment for almost 3 years has had a negative impact my career progression. Bascally,t means I have to start from scratch.

Leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending