The Student Room Group

How the English can help Scottish, Welsh and Irish Soccer

I am Scottish and do not want the Old Firm to leave the Scottish League. We need Scotland to have a strong football league. With all the big Scottish teams in the Scottish League. I want the English to help the Celtic Leagues without destroying our football independence or stealing our biggest sides. I want to have cross border cups between the Scottish and English, without merging our leagues. That way we would get the best of both worlds. I support Aberdeen, Inverness and Ross County.
Do not pretend that stealing our biggest sides makes our league better. To take Celtic and Rangers out of the Scottish League, would destroy the Scottish League.
If we had cross border cups on top of European, and domestic soccer that would raise more finances for the Welsh, Scottish and Irish (Northern and Republic )Leagues.
Imagine games like Celtic v Man Utd, or Aberdeen v Newcastle or Rangers v Liverpool.

As I say if the English really want to help celtic soccer. do not merge our leagues help our leagues grow with cross border cups on top of domestic and European soccer.
The Scottish have allowed English, Welsh, and Irish sides in the Scottish Challenge Cup in recent seasons.
Original post by CathScottish
I am Scottish and do not want the Old Firm to leave the Scottish League. We need Scotland to have a strong football league. With all the big Scottish teams in the Scottish League. I want the English to help the Celtic Leagues without destroying our football independence or stealing our biggest sides. I want to have cross border cups between the Scottish and English, without merging our leagues. That way we would get the best of both worlds. I support Aberdeen, Inverness and Ross County.
Do not pretend that stealing our biggest sides makes our league better. To take Celtic and Rangers out of the Scottish League, would destroy the Scottish League.
If we had cross border cups on top of European, and domestic soccer that would raise more finances for the Welsh, Scottish and Irish (Northern and Republic )Leagues.
Imagine games like Celtic v Man Utd, or Aberdeen v Newcastle or Rangers v Liverpool.

As I say if the English really want to help celtic soccer. do not merge our leagues help our leagues grow with cross border cups on top of domestic and European soccer.
The Scottish have allowed English, Welsh, and Irish sides in the Scottish Challenge Cup in recent seasons.

"As I say if the English really want to help celtic soccer."

this is clearly a Bot account as no British person would ever call it soccer
Welsh teams play in the English football pyramid.

Don't care about Scotland or Ireland football leagues. Other than proximity, what is the relevance? Not like we're going to help Dutch football by comparison.
Reply 3
Original post by Zerforax
Welsh teams play in the English football pyramid.

About 5 of them and the rest of them aren't allowed to join...

but yeah, we don't care about the other leagues
Reply 4
Original post by difeo

2 welsh teams played in the PL before, and one even won a trophy (2012/13 League Cup won by Swansea, beating Bradford 5-0 in the final)
Reply 5
Keep your nonsense clubs in your nonsense countries.
Original post by difeo

Ah didn't actually realise that!

Quick Reply

Latest