The Student Room Group

Please help.

Someone owes me money who works for tescos, the person in question has told me that "he" has "not been paid 2 months" in a row. Bearing in mind he has worked for the company for 3 /4 years. "He" has stated the second time around "he" has missed the "wage clerk" who works at tescos, which i know isnt true, and that she has said they will pay him in 4 working days. And has "given him a sub" Is there any way that tescos can do this?
Original post by DeeEB
Someone owes me money who works for tescos, the person in question has told me that "he" has "not been paid 2 months" in a row. Bearing in mind he has worked for the company for 3 /4 years. "He" has stated the second time around "he" has missed the "wage clerk" who works at tescos, which i know isnt true, and that she has said they will pay him in 4 working days. And has "given him a sub" Is there any way that tescos can do this?

Hi there :smile:
I've just moved your thread into advice on everyday issues so you might get a few more responses
Have you approached this person/tesco? I really doubt there's much that they can do because this sounds more like a personal issue between you two and less of a tesco not paying them. Maybe this person is in a financial pickle, maybe they were fired or are no longer able to work?

Best wishes,
Cheese :bump:
Reply 2
Original post by DeeEB

sounds like someone struggling with finances that needs some time to sort it out, just try talk it out with them and hopefully they'll open up to you and explain the situation more clearly
Reply 3
Original post by aadil10
sounds like someone struggling with finances that needs some time to sort it out, just try talk it out with them and hopefully they'll open up to you and explain the situation more clearly

Hey, thanks for reply, oh trust me i have tried but all i get is stuttering non sensical answers. He has said he gets paid in 4 working days. Sounds to me like he has borrowed money and is waiting for a check to clear. Im not even sure why i even put up this post, as i already know he obv has issues with money and the truth. Thanks anyway. Stay safe. X
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I've just moved your thread into advice on everyday issues so you might get a few more responses
Have you approached this person/tesco? I really doubt there's much that they can do because this sounds more like a personal issue between you two and less of a tesco not paying them. Maybe this person is in a financial pickle, maybe they were fired or are no longer able to work?

Best wishes,

Hey, thankyou for your reply, yes i have previously stated that im not so sure why i put this post up, as i know its not the truth. All i seem to get is stuttering non sensical answers. And i know that tescos can not do this. I wondered perhaps if he is no longer working for the company? He has said he should have some money in four working days, sounds to me like someone has bailed him out and is waiting for a check to clear.
Thanks all the same.
Stay safe.
Peace out!!!!
Reply 5
Original post by DeeEB
Hey, thanks for reply, oh trust me i have tried but all i get is stuttering non sensical answers. He has said he gets paid in 4 working days. Sounds to me like he has borrowed money and is waiting for a check to clear. Im not even sure why i even put up this post, as i already know he obv has issues with money and the truth. Thanks anyway. Stay safe. X

Hope you manage to sort it out, good luck!
Tesco will pay all yheir staff regular as clock work. You being lied to.
Reply 7
Original post by ByEeek

Thankyou for your reply. I have stated time and time again i know its bull, but i just wanted to know if ANYONE can back me up by saying they work for them and have been paid on the 29th.05.2020.
Thankyou. Its driving me insane.
Reply 8
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

Best wishes,

Is there a number i could find out of this person works for my local tescos?
Reply 9
Original post by aadil10
Hope you manage to sort it out, good luck!

Is there a number i could perhaps contact to find out if "this" person in question still works for my local Tesco?
Original post by DeeEB
Thankyou for your reply. I have stated time and time again i know its bull, but i just wanted to know if ANYONE can back me up by saying they work for them and have been paid on the 29th.05.2020.
Thankyou. Its driving me insane.

This isn't about yhe truth. This is about the fact you are owed money.

Write a letter formal giving 2 weeks to pay. If not paid by then raise a small claims court claim.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

Then, never lend your hard earned money to anyone. Banks are there to lend money and if they won't lend to someone, that is a church bell sized alarm that you should not lend.
Original post by DeeEB
Is there a number i could perhaps contact to find out if "this" person in question still works for my local Tesco?

No, they wouldn't discuss this with you. However, I totally agree with @ByEeek that you're basically being given the run-around by this person, and he is evading paying you. If you want to get your money back, I'd start being much more direct with him, and get a definite promise to repay specific amounts on specific dates - and get a first payment at the same time you make the agreement.
Reply 12
Original post by ByEeek

I thought as much!!!! I was just wondering if i could find out if he is still working there. As not sure how to go about it?
Thanks for your reply.
I know he is lieing to me. Just want to catch him out. Thanks
Reply 13
Original post by Reality Check
No, they wouldn't discuss this with you. However, I totally agree with @ByEeek that you're basically being given the run-around by this person, and he is evading paying you. If you want to get your money back, I'd start being much more direct with him, and get a definite promise to repay specific amounts on specific dates - and get a first payment at the same time you make the agreement.

Hey, he di

Original post by ByEeek
This isn't about yhe truth. This is about the fact you are owed money.

Write a letter formal giving 2 weeks to pay. If not paid by then raise a small claims court claim.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

Then, never lend your hard earned money to anyone. Banks are there to lend money and if they won't lend to someone, that is a church bell sized alarm that you should not lend.

Your absolutely right!!! And i was given a date when he was to pay the money back which was the 29th. But now i believe he hasnt been going to work, as his answers are beyond a joke. I wanted to find out if he still works for tescos, but understand they wouldnt give me this info.
Really mad. But hopefully this will be resolved in due course.
Thankyou.
Ok so what do you want us to do about this?
Reply 15
Original post by Reality Check

I have been more than direct with him. He still has no explainable answers. Just wondered if i could find out if he still works there, as i have previously said i believe he is spinning a yarn and no longer works there. I guess there is a lesson to be learnt here. But i know that he knows its in his best interests to pay me back exaclty what he owes. I could call tescos and ask if i could talk to the person in question as i am a relative, to see if he stillworks there atleast. Tho i cannot get through due to the coronavirus, its just automated questions and then the call ends???
Thankyou. Take care. X
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
Ok so what do you want us to do about this?

Im not asking you or "us" to do anything? Just perhaps give me some advice how to see if person in question still works for the company. That is all.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by DeeEB
I have been more than direct with him. He still has no explainable answers. Just wondered if i could find out if he still works there, as i have previously said i believe he is spinning a yarn and no longer works there. I guess there is a lesson to be learnt here. But i know that he knows its in his best interests to pay me back exaclty what he owes. I could call tescos and ask if i could talk to the person in question as i am a relative, to see if he stillworks there atleast. Tho i cannot get through due to the coronavirus, its just automated questions and then the call ends???
Thankyou. Take care. X

You are pursing the wrong thing here. You appear to be more interested in proving him to be a liar than getting your money back. So you out him... he then has a genuine excuse not to pay you and you still haven't hot your money.

Write him a letter. Give him 2 weeks to pay. Then take him to court. You don't need to contact him or remind him. Let the process do the work for you.

Ps Keep a copy of any correspondence. Do you have a receipt or bank balance that shows he borrowed the money.

Forget Tesco.

Good luck.
Reply 18
Original post by ByEeek
You are pursing the wrong thing here. You appear to be more interested in proving him to be a liar than getting your money back. So you out him... he then has a genuine excuse not to pay you and you still haven't hot your money.

Write him a letter. Give him 2 weeks to pay. Then take him to court. You don't need to contact him or remind him. Let the process do the work for you.

Ps Keep a copy of any correspondence. Do you have a receipt or bank balance that shows he borrowed the money.

Forget Tesco.

Good luck.

Thanks for your advice.
It will be resolved, yes i am angry as i know this would never happen. And its very insulting to hear such lies.
I will get my money back.
Take care.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending