The Student Room Group

ARE Year 10's REVISING??!

Shoutout to all fellow Year 10's who are still working hard and Revising during this lock down period there is a lot to come for us in the following year :smile:

Scroll to see replies

its soooo hard honestly i dont understand anything and my teachers powerpoints dont even make sense
Reply 2
Original post by firdouss
its soooo hard honestly i dont understand anything and my teachers powerpoints dont even make sense

so true, hopefully this outrageous reality would be over soon, but for now let's try our best to deal with the situation at hand :biggrin:
Original post by JoeAzii
so true, hopefully this outrageous reality would be over soon, but for now let's try our best to deal with the situation at hand :biggrin:

its very unlikely my school will be opening on the 15th so ima just struggle alone
Reply 4
Same here lol

its very unlikely my school will be opening on the 15th so ima just struggle alone

I feel you b, I’m here struggling too I’d recommend going on Seneca it helps me sooo much, I personally don’t even use the stuff the teachers give me because at then end of the day, that’s something that only works for certain students. X
Original post by Rose_symonia
I feel you b, I’m here struggling too I’d recommend going on Seneca it helps me sooo much, I personally don’t even use the stuff the teachers give me because at then end of the day, that’s something that only works for certain students. X

i go on seneca but i only helps me a little bit so for science i use my gcse science and for mats idk how i am going to pass maths because maths is my worst subject ever

same its confusing i hope we get less content for the exams
i go on seneca but i only helps me a little bit so for science i use my gcse science and for mats idk how i am going to pass maths because maths is my worst subject ever

Hey let’s not think like that okay?🥺
I’ll tell you something, when I was in yr7 I got a grade 1 on one of the at the end of the year tests and I kept getting 1s tho right yr9 but then I started really focusing on that subject and now I’m predicted a 6/7.
For maths I would DEFINITELY are recommend Hegarty maths he explains it so so so well.
y

Original post by Rose_symonia
Hey let’s not think like that okay?🥺
I’ll tell you something, when I was in yr7 I got a grade 1 on one of the at the end of the year tests and I kept getting 1s tho right yr9 but then I started really focusing on that subject and now I’m predicted a 6/7.
For maths I would DEFINITELY are recommend Hegarty maths he explains it so so so well.

my school hasnt told me anything about that do i hae to make an acc with my school or on my own
my school has given us pixl maths dr frost maths seneca my maths but none of those help me
Fellow Year 10 here :ninja:

What my teachers are giving me is not great, but I realised pretty soon that my best chances would be to self-teach. Now I'm using everything I can to succeed, but all I want to say is try your best to make your own future ; if your teachers aren't amazing then ask for help here, find resources, but do not lose sight of the goal ahead.

Best of luck everyone!
y

my school hasnt told me anything about that do i hae to make an acc with my school or on my own

Hegarty maths is a teacher on YouTube for maths so you won’t have to sign up to anything, he’s honestly amazing at this stuff, have you tried looking at the specs for maths? That will give you the topics you need to revise so then you can seraph it up on YouTube and revise it. X
Reply 13
damn everyones already revising!!! my teachers tell us that we don't need to worry blah blah and we've already got end of years to stress out about, the current year 11's must be chilling at home. my teacher told me that my predicted grade in English was a 7 and he was acting like it was bad and all since none of his students he's taught in the last year have gotten beneath a 9 for that subject.
Original post by j5n
damn everyones already revising!!! my teachers tell us that we don't need to worry blah blah and we've already got end of years to stress out about, the current year 11's must be chilling at home. my teacher told me that my predicted grade in English was a 7 and he was acting like it was bad and all since none of his students he's taught in the last year have gotten beneath a 9 for that subject.

I hate it when teachers do that. Ignore him and aim for what you want, not what he wants.
for maths, you should try maths genie it's really good @firdouss
Original post by behopeful235
for maths, you should try maths genie it's really good @firdouss

yeah i do go on that
im trying but it so hard !!!
like there is so much that we need to learn for gcse's I don't know where to start
yeah i do go on that

well maybe try some practice questions so you can get used to it, so you can get into a routine into so won't be worried for the exam
Original post by Lollipop0505
im trying but it so hard !!!
like there is so much that we need to learn for gcse's I don't know where to start

try consolidating year 9 work for science and maths and english and go over it, then go over the things you did in year 10 then go over things REPEATEDLY you find difficult, cognito's very good for gcse science it even does triple science content, and for english mr salles

Quick Reply

Latest