The Student Room Group

CyberStart Game 2020/2021 (CyberDiscovery UK)

How are you finding CyberStart Game this year?

Has anyone solved 5.6 on Volcano yet or even unlocked the Volcano base?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BritMonkey

Are you joking??? It's like the easiest challenge, just unzip the file
Original post by BritMonkey

Big man posting screenshots on discord

(lmao jk)
Reply 3
Really enjoying the new moon-like challenges over at https://game.joincyberdiscovery.com/base-deepsea !
The code editor is really fast and smooth -- never thought I'd enjoy learning an old language like C this much! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Monkeybike123
Are you joking??? It's like the easiest challenge, just unzip the file

I haven't actually seen it myself yet - I've been stuck on Volcano 3.3 for months! :frown:

Just trying to find those with mad skills who have finished Game - amazed that people have including you! :biggrin:
I managed to solve 5.6 last week! It turns out all you needed to do was run the binary, and then you could extract the archive it produced. Great challenge - looking forwards to extra content this year!
Reply 6
I am absolutely LOVING the new Final Base! Need help on L2C3 though - really struggling with the injection of the payload

FinalBase.png
Original post by JaneLyne
I am absolutely LOVING the new Final Base! Need help on L2C3 though - really struggling with the injection of the payload

You got to L2C3? I'm still stuck on L1C4 :|. Holding off on using the hint though, because I want to do it properly!
Reply 8
Original post by JohnnyCash69
You got to L2C3? I'm still stuck on L1C4 :|. Holding off on using the hint though, because I want to do it properly!

Trying to speed through it as the story line is EPIC! Can't believe that intro video - always Larry's fault in these new bases it appears :mad:
wait the Final Base isnt appearing on my screen? can anybody help me
Original post by Spacklord
wait the Final Base isnt appearing on my screen? can anybody help me

You need to complete all of Volcano before it shows - it's AMAZING!
You need to complete all of Volcano before it shows - it's AMAZING!

Aww that's a shame... I have only done the first few levels of hq (level 5 starts to get really tricky btw). Hopefully I can get there soon because it looks really cool!
Thanks for the help btw
Original post by Spacklord
Aww that's a shame... I have only done the first few levels of hq (level 5 starts to get really tricky btw). Hopefully I can get there soon because it looks really cool!
Thanks for the help btw

Good luck with HQ, it's a great base! Volcano is even more EPIC but nothing can beat Final Base!

No worries, let me know if you need any help again! You've got this!!! :biggrin:
Good luck with HQ, it's a great base! Volcano is even more EPIC but nothing can beat Final Base!

No worries, let me know if you need any help again! You've got this!!! :biggrin:

hi, for hq level 1, i need help with the one about executable files, I don't know which one is the executable file.
Can someone please help me with 12 and 13 in assess
Original post by coder22135
Can someone please help me with 12 and 13 in assess

Hello! I am SO happy to help with level 13! You see, you have to go to the fifth tab of the warehouse. I KNOW! It sounds shocking that there could be a fifth tab, but it's true! Once you've unlocked this (through importing the exported binary from level 12) you can then use that warehouse to go phishing. You fill in the form of the fifth warehouse, which is then formatted by cyber discovery into a spoofed email to the robots running the warehouse. Once you have all the values right, the robot in command will do a little cutscene and you will get the flag. Pretty simple, right!?
Original post by LYNEOFFICIAL
Hello! I am SO happy to help with level 13! You see, you have to go to the fifth tab of the warehouse. I KNOW! It sounds shocking that there could be a fifth tab, but it's true! Once you've unlocked this (through importing the exported binary from level 12) you can then use that warehouse to go phishing. You fill in the form of the fifth warehouse, which is then formatted by cyber discovery into a spoofed email to the robots running the warehouse. Once you have all the values right, the robot in command will do a little cutscene and you will get the flag. Pretty simple, right!?

'" have made up a new plotline for level 13, involving a fifth power station or whatever they are
It's somewhat believable, as long as they don't check my post history"
This is what lyneofficial said
Hi can someone help with the headquarters base L4 C4 and L4 C5?
Reply 18
Original post by Daniel199823
'" have made up a new plotline for level 13, involving a fifth power station or whatever they are

bruhh stop making up stuff and being so salty just because youre not smart enough to find the levels after 14. If you cant find them, dont make up **** and make another person who's clearly an intellectual look like theyre lying
Original post by Daniel199823

good sir, you must be mistaking me for someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending