The Student Room Group

CyberStart Assess 2020/2021 (CyberDiscovery UK)

How are you finding the new challenges from Assess this year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same as last year really, first 18 were easy stuck on the last 35.
Reply 2
The last 35 are easy though? Did you choose assess extreme difficulty or something?
Reply 3
Yeah man its got like linux and stuffs:mad:
Reply 4
Original post by MrMickDuncher

Really?!?! I'm glad I'm not doing extreme. You see, easy difficulty is just windows and Mac.
Anyone else on challenge 20 yet?
assess challenge 20.jpg
Reply 6
Original post by penguin_k_tsr
Anyone else on challenge 20 yet?
assess challenge 20.jpg

Nah still stuck on 19. First 18 were SO easy!!! :tongue:
Reply 7
Nah still stuck on 19. First 18 were SO easy!!! :tongue:

Y'all are dumb WHY DIDN'T YOU GO ON EASY DIFFICULTY
Guys I did it! I finally solved challenge 20. It's crazy that only 17 people have actually found the final challenges.
assess challenge 20 final.jpg
Reply 9
Original post by penguin_k_tsr
Guys I did it! I finally solved challenge 20. It's crazy that only 17 people have actually found the final challenges.
assess challenge 20 final.jpg

Congrats!!! Welcome to the club - I was really struggling trying to find others who have completed Assess!

Can't believe what they did with the new story line this year - that came as an absolute SHOCKER!!! :eek:
Original post by trtd
Y'all are dumb WHY DIDN'T YOU GO ON EASY DIFFICULTY

Wanted the extra BONUS POINTS that Extreme Difficulty came with. Was well worth it in my opinion, hoping to get an early invite to CyberStart Compete!!!

It's nice to see more Linux this year, absolutely EPIC in my opinion.

Assess needs more C# programming though!!! :frown:
Guys I'm stuck on lvl 17 :frown: I can't manage to scp the program from the remote server hosted in assess, even though I've gdbed the program and found 'secretValue'. Can someone give me a pointer? Aiming for 20qs done this year.
Original post by LYNEOFFICIAL
Guys I'm stuck on lvl 17 :frown: I can't manage to scp the program from the remote server hosted in assess, even though I've gdbed the program and found 'secretValue'. Can someone give me a pointer? Aiming for 20qs done this year.

Have you tried looking at the JS - really helped me with some EPIC pointers towards the solution! :biggrin:
Reply 14

Personally I found asking in the Community Discord was really useful, they're were super helpful and supportive <3
Original post by JaneLyne
Have you tried looking at the JS - really helped me with some EPIC pointers towards the solution! :biggrin:

Wow, thanks! Never thought to look there, on lvl 18 now :colone:
Original post by BritMonkey
Personally I found asking in the Community Discord was really useful, they're were super helpful and supportive <3

I never knew there was a discord! Wow!

No problems! Let me know if you need any other help!!!
Reply 17

You should join the community, they're super friendly and helpful!
Does anyone know how to do number 1?
Reply 19
stuck on 12 and 13 - any tips?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending