The Student Room Group

tryna loose weight - help!

(edited 3 years ago)
Try some hiit workouts on YouTube, you won’t get results straight away it takes time but hiit workouts are meant to be good for loosing weight
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous.23
Try some hiit workouts on YouTube, you won’t get results straight away it takes time but hiit workouts are meant to be good for loosing weight

imma try that. tyyy x
try the military diet
Reply 4
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
try the military diet

imma check that out thank youu x
Reply 5
Original post by lilac123
imma try that. tyyy x

Just to add, you'll need to be in a calorie deficit. No matter how much exercise you'll do, if you're not in a deficit, you won't lose weight. Btw, to lose 30kg it will take a long time, don't expect it to be done by "August". It's unrealistic, and the likelihood is that you'll end up binging (which is something you don't want).
Reply 6
Original post by gtty123
Just to add, you'll need to be in a calorie deficit. No matter how much exercise you'll do, if you're not in a deficit, you won't lose weight. Btw, to lose 30kg it will take a long time, don't expect it to be done by "August". It's unrealistic, and the likelihood is that you'll end up binging (which is something you don't want).

oh, okay thanks for the extra info - i'll keep that in mind- :smile:
Reply 7
oh, okay thanks for the extra info - i'll keep that in mind- :smile:

No problem. Happy to help 🙂.
Caloric deficit. You should aim to lose 1% of your bodyweight every week.
Reply 9
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Caloric deficit. You should aim to lose 1% of your bodyweight every week.

definitely gonna try that
Reply 10
definitely gonna try that

The healthy rate of weight loss recommended by the NHS is 0.5-1kg a week, not percentages of bodyweight.
Original post by Surnia
The healthy rate of weight loss recommended by the NHS is 0.5-1kg a week, not percentages of bodyweight.

For most people 1% would fit right into that 0.5kg-1kg a week. If you are morbidly obese you can lose more weight per week as you are less likely to burn muscle and can do it a lot more easily as you can eat a bit more than someone who is lighter.
Reply 12
Original post by Surnia

In all honesty I feel those that o bide by losing 1-2 pounds a week (the safe way) are just pussies that can't take on a challenging weight loss task. I was losing over a stone a month and I am fine now.
Reply 13
What's important with losing weight I think is that you need a goal to look forward to and after it, most people that lose weight go back to putting it back on once they reach their destination because it's then what. Think of a sport you can pick up and be good at so you'll actually keep up fitness once your weight loss goal is over.
Original post by hmm3526
In all honesty I feel those that o bide by losing 1-2 pounds a week (the safe way) are just pussies that can't take on a challenging weight loss task. I was losing over a stone a month and I am fine now.

I am happy that you are fine but it is scientifically proven that losing weight extremely quickly results in binging and you are more likely to lose muscle and feel lethargic when losing weight so quickly.
Reply 15
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
I am happy that you are fine but it is scientifically proven that losing weight extremely quickly results in binging and you are more likely to lose muscle and feel lethargic when losing weight so quickly.

Isn't binging a problem for people that need to lose weight regardless? for example my mum, she keeps banging on about how she needs to lose weight while chucking burgers down her gob, she's beginning to really annoy me.
Original post by hmm3526
Isn't binging a problem for people that need to lose weight regardless? for example my mum, she keeps banging on about how she needs to lose weight while chucking burgers down her gob, she's beginning to really annoy me.

What happens is, people go on crash diets so they lose multiple pounds a week and then when they reach their goal weight they eat a lot and thus gain all the weight back + a bit.
would you mind explaining more of what calorie deficit entails? my understanding is that you just eat less and exercise more to lose weight as your body is holding on to less calories... but i don’t know - and maybe that’s why i can’t lose anything lol
Original post by koorgan
would you mind explaining more of what calorie deficit entails? my understanding is that you just eat less and exercise more to lose weight as your body is holding on to less calories... but i don’t know - and maybe that’s why i can’t lose anything lol

Your body needs a certain amount of kcals to maintain your weight. If you eat less than this number, you will lose weight.

Quick Reply

Latest