The Student Room Group

11 days to revise a topic I hate. HELP

So basically I picked Law with the idea of getting a 'strong degree'. I'm switching next year but need to pass first year. My contract exam is in 11 days and I did the bare minimum amount of work for seminars and don't remember any of it. How do I revise enough to just meet the 40% pass mark.
what format is the exam?
Ours are at home 24 hours.
I’d suggest a simple book like unlocking contract law or q
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
48 Hour open book exam
So get sone of last few years exams and see the format of questions. Have you done all the other subjects?
List the topics then read the revision chapter for each.
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine1973
So get sone of last few years exams and see the format of questions. Have you done all the other subjects?
List the topics then read the revision chapter for each.

Yeh this is the last exam now... Fingers crossed. We have 11 topics and so one a day, do you think its realistic to be basically learn the entire module a day at a time to at the very minimum a pass standard ? :smile:
Well I assume you have sone knowledge of law? Done land law etc and it’s not that different. Did you not have any tutorials or essays all year to do? One a day, watch the lectures again, do textbook reading etc then repeat. 40% isn’t that hard if you physically have textbooks and lecture slides
Reply 6
Original post by Catherine1973
Well I assume you have sone knowledge of law? Done land law etc and it’s not that different. Did you not have any tutorials or essays all year to do? One a day, watch the lectures again, do textbook reading etc then repeat. 40% isn’t that hard if you physically have textbooks and lecture slides

Yeh but then Covid hit and they made all elements of the course irrelevant and this final exam is 100% of it. Yeh I have access to textbooks and slides so I should be ok if I apply myself. Honestly I did enough to get through a seminar and pretend I knew what I was talking about, Honestly I find the legal language incredibly complex and still unsure as to whether I passed the other two law modules (Criminal and English Legal). The only area I know I passed (Have 72% in) is my Politics minor.
Original post by Anonymous
So basically I picked Law with the idea of getting a 'strong degree'. I'm switching next year but need to pass first year. My contract exam is in 11 days and I did the bare minimum amount of work for seminars and don't remember any of it. How do I revise enough to just meet the 40% pass mark.

Hi,

I study Law and for my online exam I didn't do much revision beforehand. Instead I tried to organise all my notes and find what topics I needed for the exam, so I didn't have to do this during the exam. Then you could try to read up on the relevant topics so your memory is refreshed. Also you could try to create a structure or template of how the question should be answered and include any definitions you may need. You could do this using your seminar notes if you have previously done examples of exam style questions.

Good luck in your exam!

Zaira :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi,

I study Law and for my online exam I didn't do much revision beforehand. Instead I tried to organise all my notes and find what topics I needed for the exam, so I didn't have to do this during the exam. Then you could try to read up on the relevant topics so your memory is refreshed. Also you could try to create a structure or template of how the question should be answered and include any definitions you may need. You could do this using your seminar notes if you have previously done examples of exam style questions.

Good luck in your exam!

In this case I'm unsure what the specific topics will be since 'everything is on the table' so I'm studying the topics we studied over the year. Frankly my seminar notes where **** since I did just enough to get through a seminar. I'm doing the problem questions which we did during the seminar and reading beforehand so that I understand the legal rules. I probably did about 5 hours of reading for contract law throughout the entire year. We have to answer 2 out of 4 questions, 2 Problem ones and 2 Exam based.

Thanks for the advice :smile:
Reply 9
In this case I'm unsure what the specific topics will be since 'everything is on the table' so I'm studying the topics we studied over the year. Frankly my seminar notes where **** since I did just enough to get through a seminar. I'm doing the problem questions which we did during the seminar and reading beforehand so that I understand the legal rules. I probably did about 5 hours of reading for contract law throughout the entire year. We have to answer 2 out of 4 questions, 2 Problem ones and 2 Exam based.

Essay based Rather

Hi,

Because your exam is 48 hours, you will probably have time to do some reading on the two problem question topics, as I assume you won't need to be writing for the full time. The main thing in these questions is finding case law and statute to apply to the legal issues. So, hopefully this will be available on the lecture slides.

All the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending