The Student Room Group

Should I go to college?

Hello, I just finished my 6th year and I unfortunately got rejected from all my university choices but have decided to reapply next year. I got rejected from Dentistry btw. I am unsure if I should go to college for my gap year and what to do at college. I did 2 Advanced Highers and 2 Highers in 6th year and i also have 4 highers from 5th year, so I'll pretty much have everything to meet the entry requirements when I apply. I am really confused. Someone help?
Original post by xelliexx223
Hello, I just finished my 6th year and I unfortunately got rejected from all my university choices but have decided to reapply next year. I got rejected from Dentistry btw. I am unsure if I should go to college for my gap year and what to do at college. I did 2 Advanced Highers and 2 Highers in 6th year and i also have 4 highers from 5th year, so I'll pretty much have everything to meet the entry requirements when I apply. I am really confused. Someone help?

What grades did you get in them?
Original post by Kubsyy
What grades did you get in them?

I have 2A's and 2B's at higher. For the other 2 highers and advanced highers I'll know in August.
Original post by xelliexx223
I have 2A's and 2B's at higher. For the other 2 highers and advanced highers I'll know in August.

I think you could either:

1) apply for clearing

2) Wait for the grades that you will get and maybe take a gap year and apply to uni again.

It would be a bit pointless to go to college if you will have As or Bs in your AH and H.

Hope that helps
Original post by Kubsyy
I think you could either:

1) apply for clearing

2) Wait for the grades that you will get and maybe take a gap year and apply to uni again.

It would be a bit pointless to go to college if you will have As or Bs in your AH and H.

Hope that helps

thank you
You could do a HNC and go into second year of uni next year if you wanted to pursue college - but do check the course links up first!
@xelliexx223 I'd wait for your results and then if you're still not able to get into uni for Dentistry, I'd recommend going to college and doing something to top up for Dentistry.

@Kubsyy Not sure why college would be a waste of time if OP has already been rejected for Dentistry with the grades they have. They might not need to if their results for this year are enough, but in the event that they're not, college would be ideal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending