The Student Room Group

Is Boris UK's equivalent to Trump?

Boris Johnson/ Boris Trump
Donald Trump/ Donald Johnson

I think both are just as ignorant, bigoted and make both the UK and US miserable places to live. A monkey could do a better job than these two.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No this is lazy thinking. They are nothing like each other.
Reply 2
Original post by Beanbag2

I think both are just as ignorant, bigoted and make both the UK and US miserable places to live. A monkey could do a better job than these two.

Twins separated at birth.
D8Fx6WOX4AA1vvI.jpg
Ideologically speaking, yes they are.
Both represent ultra right wing circles.
Trump however is a dangerous fascist.
Boris is a dangerous fool together with the other fools and Charlatans of his circus in number10
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Lucifer323
Ideologically speaking, yes they are.
Both represent ultra right wing circles.
Trump however is a fascist.

And a racist.
And a racist.

You referring to whom? Trump or Boris?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Lucifer323
You referring to who? Trump or Boris?

It is whom, but never mind. I'm referring to Trump, he has only made matters worse in the George Floyd case.
Boris is far more educated. Trump is far more childish. Boris is more mature. Trump is sometimes delusional. Boris is centre right. Trump is far right wing. Trump is the most hated American president in history. Trump is crazy. Boris is no where near as crazy. Trump is a warmongerer. Trump is a sexual predator and probably a child rapist.
(edited 3 years ago)
It is whom, but never mind. I'm referring to Trump, he has only made matters worse in the George Floyd case.

Yes i ve seen it and just corrected the word....

Yes indeed, he has provoked an entire nation and threatened to bring the Army to the scene so order can be restored.

The death of George Floyd was just the trigger. Reflecting on decades of social deprivation, unfairness, inequality, poverty, and of course racism.
(edited 3 years ago)
In my opinion they're incomparable. Boris Johnson is not so different from other Conservative prime ministers. But the Conservatives are somewhat left-wing, unlike the Republicans.
Trump says what he thinks whether it's good for him or not. He's not really like anything we've ever seen before.

The only similarity is the colour of the hair.

I don't see how the UK is a miserable place to live because of Boris... it makes no difference who's in power.
Reply 10
Original post by Mustafa0605
Boris is far more educated. Trump is far more childish. Boris is more mature. Trump is sometimes delusional. Boris is centre right. Trump is far right wing. Trump is the most hated American president in history. Trump is crazy. Boris is no where near as crazy. Trump is a warmongerer. Trump is a sexual predator and probably a child rapist.

Both are American though, except Boris was raised in the UK by his British parents.
Reply 11
Original post by kittycake2
In my opinion they're incomparable. Boris Johnson is not so different from other Conservative prime ministers. But the Conservatives are somewhat left-wing, unlike the Republicans.
Trump says what he thinks whether it's good for him or not. He's not really like anything we've ever seen before.

I don't see how the UK is a miserable place to live because of Boris... it makes no difference who's in power.

OK, maybe I overanalyzed it all wrong. I guess the UK is a better place to live in at the moment, rather than the havoc Trump has caused overseas.
Both are American though, except Boris was raised in the UK by his British parents.

How can both of them be american, if one was raised in UK by his BRITISH parents? Sorry, just doesn't make much sense to me...
Reply 13
Original post by Catsarepurrfect
How can both of them be american, if one was raised in UK by his BRITISH parents? Sorry, just doesn't make much sense to me...

All I mean is Boris was born in New York, so that makes him American. His birthplace will always be there, so in a way I am correct.
Trump makes Boris look like Jeremy Corbyn.
Original post by kittycake2

Did you claim that Conservatives are left-wing??!!
That can explain however a large number of stupids who voted for the Tories in the hope that they will promote and protect the rights & interests of the working class .

I am happy they pay a heavy price for their choices.
Not the same people, but they've embraced the same type of politics. A key part of Boris's election push will certainly have been 'Populist BS with no pretense totally works...look at Trump'
Original post by StriderHort
Not the same people, but they've embraced the same type of politics. A key part of Boris's election push will certainly have been 'Populist BS with no pretense totally works...look at Trump'

Populism was always one of the best weapons of the far right together with conspiracy theories .

I think Johnson tends to keep his mouth shut more than Trump when it comes to saying controversial things.
Reply 19
Original post by Gundabad(good)
I think Johnson tends to keep his mouth shut more than Trump when it comes to saying controversial things.

In the long run, that's the best thing, then there can be no comebacks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending