The Student Room Group

What if Romeo and Juliet didn't die?

Has anyone ever made up scenarios in there head thinking what would happen if Romeo and Juliet never died?

I have and I was wondering what everyone else thinks! Share your thoughts with me! <3

Scroll to see replies

Then the feud between the two families would not end sadly!
Idk even if they didn't die I don't think they would be together for too long. I would imagine that they run away to live somewhere else away from Italy but eventually realise that they don't actually love each other :dontknow:
Romeo was such a dumbass imo, could he not have checked/asked someone around smh
Original post by SuperiorPotato
Idk even if they didn't die I don't think they would be together for too long. I would imagine that they run away to live somewhere else away from Italy but eventually realise that they don't actually love each other :dontknow:

Shakespeare would not allow that :no:
Reply 5
Original post by 1XxNoNamexX1
Has anyone ever made up scenarios in there head thinking what would happen if Romeo and Juliet never died?

I have and I was wondering what everyone else thinks! Share your thoughts with me! <3

I never really cared that much about R+J tbh.
Original post by Nialler x
Shakespeare would not allow that :no:

True Shakespeare would kill them either way or pretend they were in love :hmmm:
Original post by Beanbag2

fair enough :3
Original post by SuperiorPotato
True Shakespeare would kill them either way or pretend they were in love :hmmm:

Exactly fam!!!

Shakespeare is UNIQUE!!

Shout out to Shakespeare!!!
Original post by 1XxNoNamexX1

This is an interesting question.. If both didn't die then at some point they must have broken up I guess. Because u can't change fate..
Have you heard of &Juliet the musical? Its pretty much this premise, where instead of Juliet killing herself after discovering Romeo is dead, she doesn't. Its gets a little crazy, as musicals do, but its a genuinely good show.
Original post by Jumpybananas
Have you heard of &Juliet the musical? Its pretty much this premise, where instead of Juliet killing herself after discovering Romeo is dead, she doesn't. Its gets a little crazy, as musicals do, but its a genuinely good show.

I'll check it out!
obviously it is just a cover-up for a high level pedophile gang led by Friar Lawrence.
Then the toxic start to that relationship would have led to even dodgier affairs and she might have got knocked up from that night of lust too. Also, good there were no statuatory rape laws in that time (I assume).
They are about 14 and 15 years old, they fell in love mainly because they thought each other was hot tickets and then the drama of their feuding families spurred on the passion more...so it's just all high drama and horniness. I don't see them working out longterm in a steady relationship.

Do you mean the characters or the play?
probably broke up
Original post by saskiax
Do you mean the characters or the play?

All of it, I was never intrigued by William Shakespeare, instead I find Charles Dickens story's thrilling.
All of it, I was never intrigued by William Shakespeare, instead I find Charles Dickens story's thrilling.

Truesay Charles Dickens is much better :five:
Original post by Nialler x
Then the feud between the two families would not end sadly!

Exactly, and that was the intention of the drama. The death of the families' children is the consequence of a senseless feud.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending