The Student Room Group

My cat has gone missing! Advice?

Scroll to see replies

same as other posters, my cat left for a week after 3 months of moving into a new house but came back.. i was hella worried
Original post by TheApprentice01
True, thank you

Cats do this. And when he comes back (which he will) he'll just look at you like 'what...what's the fuss about', and then expect a plate of prawns or something :laugh:

Update us as to his whereabouts, won't you? Tag me in if you remember :smile:
Reply 42
My friends cat was missing for 9 days and appeared yesterday outside her house. Don't give up hope. Put up posters everywhere. Go out looking for him as much as possible and call the local vets to see if he's been taken in. I've had an indoor cat go missing before and he'd scaled my fence and had been locked in next doors house. I hope he returns asap for you.
Original post by Reality Check
Cats do this. And when he comes back (which he will) he'll just look at you like 'what...what's the fuss about', and then expect a plate of prawns or something :laugh:

Update us as to his whereabouts, won't you? Tag me in if you remember :smile:

I’ve got a really bad memory! I’m not joking but I will try and update this
Thank you all for the lovely feedback and advice.
I feel a little better about it and will update this of course if he comes home ❤️
Reply 45
Thank you all for the lovely feedback and advice.
I feel a little better about it and will update this of course if he comes home ❤️

any news on your cat??
Original post by Free81
any news on your cat??

We put him on a few Facebook groups in my area and we’ve had quite a few comments and support.
One lady from near me has seen a tabby cat in the last couple of days at this woods near us.
It’s the first time she’s seen a cat on her walks.
Me and my partner searched the area but the weather is rainy so I doubt he’ll come out until it’s stopped raining.
One lady has offered to lend me a trap so I might use that now we have an area to look around. I’m going to get some sardines and leave his bed and what not in there
Reply 47
ahh well that's hopefully something positive. crossing my fingers you find him <3
When (fingers crossed) he comes back, you need to be more responsible. I don't say this to be cruel, but I have a cat too, and you have to protect them. He has no collar and he's not microchipped, and you let him out on his own when he doesn't really know the area that well. If (god forbid) he'd been in an accident and been killed, the person who finds him won't have a clue who he belongs to. There will be no way he could get back to you.

I really hope he comes home - to be fair, cats do this from time to time. Sometimes they just disappear for a few days and then stroll in like nothing's happened. Do you live anywhere near where he used to live? He might have gone back there if he could smell anything that was familiar. So perhaps check with the place you adopted him from?

Please let us know if he comes home! I would hate this to happen to my cat.
put posters out in cat language. he might read the poster and come home.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
When (fingers crossed) he comes back, you need to be more responsible. I don't say this to be cruel, but I have a cat too, and you have to protect them. He has no collar and he's not microchipped, and you let him out on his own when he doesn't really know the area that well. If (god forbid) he'd been in an accident and been killed, the person who finds him won't have a clue who he belongs to. There will be no way he could get back to you.

I really hope he comes home - to be fair, cats do this from time to time. Sometimes they just disappear for a few days and then stroll in like nothing's happened. Do you live anywhere near where he used to live? He might have gone back there if he could smell anything that was familiar. So perhaps check with the place you adopted him from?

Please let us know if he comes home! I would hate this to happen to my cat.

Hiya
I’m not sure if he’s microchipped. I’ve only just registered him at the same vets in our area. I’m going to find out if he’s microchipped from the previous owners - I shouldn’t see why not.

No, we don’t live close to the previous owners. I’d say it’s a 20 mile drive to them.

He’s spoilt rotten and we’ll looked after at home with us and it was a silly mistake.

I pray every night that he’s safe somewhere and comes home when he thinks it’s suitable for him

Thank you for your concern by the way x
Hiya
I’m not sure if he’s microchipped. I’ve only just registered him at the same vets in our area. I’m going to find out if he’s microchipped from the previous owners - I shouldn’t see why not.

No, we don’t live close to the previous owners. I’d say it’s a 20 mile drive to them.

He’s spoilt rotten and we’ll looked after at home with us and it was a silly mistake.

I pray every night that he’s safe somewhere and comes home when he thinks it’s suitable for him

Thank you for your concern by the way x

Let me know if there's any news. I've never had a cat run away so these other posters have been far more helpful then I was. Seems like you don't need to worry too much 🤞
Original post by hollyd121
put posters out in cat language. he might read the poster and come home.

Wish it was that simple haha
Reply 53
Go round and ask your street neighbors if they've seen him - cats often turn up at other people's houses and get comfy there, whilst the owners are oblivious to where it's come from and look after it until someone turns up.

You could also put fliers up on lamp posts further afield - or if you have a Neighborhoods account you could post on there with a photo etc.

However (and I don't mean to upset you but you should be aware of it) If you're next to open land, there's also the dangers of foxes and badgers and owls and things.
Original post by Clez
Go round and ask your street neighbors if they've seen him - cats often turn up at other people's houses and get comfy there, whilst the owners are oblivious to where it's come from and look after it until someone turns up.

You could also put fliers up on lamp posts further afield - or if you have a Neighborhoods account you could post on there with a photo etc.

However (and I don't mean to upset you but you should be aware of it) If you're next to open land, there's also the dangers of foxes and badgers and owls and things.

Thank you
I don’t think he’s gone that far to the open land. There are a few gardens and stuff so he might be getting fed and be comfy around others gardens and stuff.

Thank you for your support
Lucky came back last night!! He’s home safe and sound ❤️❤️❤️
B4C628FF-CDF2-484A-8F0C-8FD71AAF6787.jpg.jpeg
Good to hear :smile:
Such a cute cat! 🐱
Lucky came back last night!! He’s home safe and sound ❤️❤️❤️

Wooohooooo so happy for you.

Also a sign he thinks he lives with you or that he gets fed there.

He might get a wish to go out again, but for the moment keep him indoors for a few days and dont feed him before you let him out next time.

Tell the FB groups.

Quick Reply

Latest